Deer Hunting Forums banner

climbing treestand

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  gargoyle 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, i have a question, is there an easy way to get in a climber? i have such a hard time getting on it, like when the platform is at such an angle i just have a hard time.:crybaby:

#2 ·
I have a summit viper and have encountered the same problem that you described. I have found it easiest to grab the safety rope, place one foot on the front of the base and pull myself up and enter the stand from the front. you can then just climb over and into the climber.

#3 ·
I too have the Summit Viper
I just raise the top section high enough to grab the bar, pull myself up on to the lower platform & slide down the upper section over me
no fumbling over the bar or making un necessary noise works great but I am smaller then the average man

#4 ·
when you're climbing you should already be inside the climber so that when you reach the height you're comfortable at all you need to do is turn around and set your safety harness.

Take a look at the following how to use a Climber Treestand Video, maybe you'll see something that you should or shouldn't be doing. Good Luck

How to use a Climbing Tree Stand deer hunting - YouTube

#7 ·
when you're climbing you should already be inside the climber so that when you reach the height you're comfortable at all you need to do is turn around and set your safety harness.

Take a look at the following how to use a Climber Treestand Video, maybe you'll see something that you should or shouldn't be doing. Good Luck

How to use a Climbing Tree Stand deer hunting - YouTube
Bruce I think he is talking about getting into the climber at the base of the tree

#5 ·
I also use a Summit and place the base waiste high and the top as high as I can and still reach it. Then holding the top I swing a leg onto the base with my foot at the tree and sit down. Then stand up in the top and lower the top to waiste high, then attach the straps.

#6 ·
I too use a Summit Viper and for me it all depends on the size of the tree. A smaller tree will allow the bottom platform to get closer to the ground and that lets me get in over both the top and bottom. A larger tree I will have to move the upper farther up the tree because the lower platform needs to be higher. I grab the shooting rail of the upper and put my foot on the lower and pull myself up and get in the upper through the middle inside the seat.

#10 ·
I wish I was 1/2 your size
just under 120# & 5'3 LOL
why I am scared of heights I seem higher up then I really am
cause I am used to being so close to the ground
& the reason why I have killed all my deer from the ground the deer are looking over me as they are taller

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.