pine sol and water? - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
Actually was a Reeses peanut butter cup..... Best thing in the woods besides deer.... I always leave one on a nearby log for the chipmunks when I leave>>>
the chipmunks better be glad your not hunting with me. id sneak in after you left and steal the reeses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Scrub Buck

By the way... Anyone out there have or know someone selling a jeep cherokee cheap? I've got one and my neice just got her license and likes mine so much she wants one.... Problem is she just got married and they are really low on $$$
Old 11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
B&C 180 Class

i eat apples then throw away the cores within bow range shhh...the peels make a nice cover scent
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Scrub Buck

Well I aint ever heard of usen pinsol to cover my scent up but I guess I can see how it would work. If it kills your bacterias so you dont stink then I guess the deers ain't gonna smell a human cause yall smell like a pine cone.

What is all this talk about smoking up? Why would you want to smoke a cigarette while your hunting?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM

I think it was about some cover scent/attractant smoke machine.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Skinner View Post
Well I aint ever heard of usen pinsol to cover my scent up but I guess I can see how it would work. If it kills your bacterias so you dont stink then I guess the deers ain't gonna smell a human cause yall smell like a pine cone.

What is all this talk about smoking up? Why would you want to smoke a cigarette while your hunting?
Greetings from Vermont and Welcome to the site..

There was a guy here that was all gung ho about using smoke as a cover scent and I guess he didn't like hearing that other hunters didn't believe in it the same way he did.

BUT I agree with you why would you want to smoke a cigarette while hunting??? LOL

Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Scrub Buck

Good morning...and Hello.....this is my first post so I hope I don't get in trouble talking about this smoking up thing. I have read the thread and was wondering why so many people are against this method for covering scent?? This is not new. To be honest, it's been a best kept secret for many many years until the last couple of years. As much as I hate to say it, it works and has worked for me for the last 30 years. I can honestly say that I have never been busted because of smell. I have been busted as they looked up at me in my stand, but never due to my scent. I have watched hundreds of deer under my stand over these last 30 years. Scent sprays are a joke as they do not fully cover you and only last for so long. Not to mention price.....ugh.I'm not selling anything, just giving my honest opinion as an old timer. I would prefer you NOT use the smoke method so that you all can push the deer to me. HA!Thanks for reading and thanks for the nice website. Looks like a good one. I hope to contribute more in the future.Tizzy
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 AM

Inatizzy welcome to the site. its not that we dont like other hunters sharing their thoughts and we realize some hunters have been doing this "smoking up" thing for awhile. This topic has just been over discussed by all of us here. whitetails_ent only looked for post where he could post something concerning his scent smoker. When he first joined he only spammed the website. Spamming is illegal and I should have banned him from the beggining. It finally got old and members got tired of hearing about it. This is a website for the hunter. Not a place to grind your product in the ground to try and make a sell.

Make yourself at home on the site. Please visit around the forums and reply to whatever interest you.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Inatizzy welcome to the site. its not that we dont like other hunters sharing their thoughts and we realize some hunters have been doing this "smoking up" thing for awhile. This topic has just been over discussed by all of us here. whitetails_ent only looked for post where he could post something concerning his scent smoker. When he first joined he only spammed the website. Spamming is illegal and I should have banned him from the beggining. It finally got old and members got tired of hearing about it. This is a website for the hunter. Not a place to grind your product in the ground to try and make a sell.

Make yourself at home on the site. Please visit around the forums and reply to whatever interest you.
Ahhh....gotcha....spammers can definitely ruin a site....BUT....what if I want to talk about a pair of boots I love made by so and so?? Or a new grunt call?? Or a new bow?? These are all tools that we need to help us hunt. Some are better than others and it's always nice to hear about the product and the results....don't we?? I'm not condoning Whitetails antics here, I'm just wanting to understand the rules of engagement. I would hate to be banned from the site because I'm trying to help out other hunters. I've been hunting a long time and have seen more than some will see in their lifetime.....so if "pimping" a product is a bad thing, maybe this isn't the best place for me to be. I like helping out new hunters and educating the ones who think they know it all. We will never know it all. I'm still learning every time I go into the woods.....but I've seen a lot.....a lot of products that simply don't work.....and products that definitely do work. One thing I do know....smoking your clothes is, unfortunately for me...HA!, going to be the next big thing that will spread like wildfire over the next few years. The die-hards will steer clear of it only because they don't like change and will be "defiant". But more and more will switch over to it rather quickly. It's all over the net now and people are talking. I've seen one of these scent smokers and they look good. Smaller than the originals so that makes them more compact. I still use an old contraption I made years ago. Made the darn thing outta steel.....what the heck was I thinking??? Darn thing gets HOT! I guess I could buy one them smokers but I have an attachment to mine. It's killed me lots of deer.Anyhoo........never heard of this pine sol thing. Sounds funny....but so does smoking your clothes. I ain't switchin'!! Smoke is the way to go for me.Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by buckfever; 11-05-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM

share your thoughts about whatever product you want. if your not selling stuff and spamming it does not bother me. i am going to close this thread though due to the fact that it has been run into the ground.
Closed Thread