pine sol and water? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:53 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by drater View Post
I thought that's what we were doing.....chatting.....about pine and smoke. Pine is definitely a natural smell.....in it's purest form. Anything that needs to be "created" to get a certain smell wouldn't, to me, be considered a "natural smell". That's what so great about smoking up. You get complete coverage and the pure smell of smoke that masks your scent.

How great is THAT???
that is truely phenominal!!! I agree, all the chemicals are not natural. all im saying is that pine would be natural. But im not sure how natural smoke is in my area. but im gonna try both techniques as well as my own and take in the results. Thanks for all the ideas!!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
whitetail i actually found almost the same exact statement off of wikipedia, so it only took me one time to understand it.

And i think its funny that you get all offended when someone doesnt agree with your product and get all defensive, but when someone else shares an idea that they didnt even propose you guys jump on the chance to degrade it. Doesnt sound to understanding. but whatever, ive heard both techniques and thats all i need to hear to know what to try and see the result. And dont worry i am going to post the results of the smoke technique to tell everybody what i think from a non believers stand point, that way if it works you can rub it mine, and everyone elses face bc im sure you would.
When are you going to try smoking up??

There isn't a single person I know who has said ANYTHING negative after using it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results. Looking forward to your review.

Peace
Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail_ENT View Post

I was really wanting to know Bruce's logic on why PineSol should work. .
man o man, the crazy things that happen when one is away from the computer... LOL

OK,,,, Whitetail_ENT. first off lets go to the original posting here which was made by buckfever
his post said,,, "just wondering if any of yall hunters have ever heard of this.
when i was a young hunter just getting into it my uncle helped me alot. his version of scent control was a little bit of pinesol in the bottom of a spray bottle. and then fill the rest up with water. claimed it made him smell like a pine tree. just wondering if yall had any older hunters that tried this or similar tactics?
while i will never go back to this tactic because my results with wildlife research products have been well im just curious as to what yall think.

NOTICE his posting had nothing to do with smoke, not even a mention of the word smoke? YET somewhere along the topic (the 6th entry to be exact) you managed to add in your comment "And you all think smoking up is crazy! WOW!"

I never said Pine sol should work.. Pay closer attention to whats really being posted and not what your smoked up mind is letting your eyes see.

What I said was "my Dad and Uncles used to swear by it's affectiveness
(back in the 40's and 50's they didn't have fancy hunting supplies) LOL

Let me explain what I think about the PINE SOL and water solution...
I'm not sure it's the PINE scent that helped them way back when, I think it's the fact that the Pine-Sol kills ODER CAUSING BACTERIA the fact that it has Pine scent may have been a Bonus to the ODER CAUSING BACTERIA KILLERS...
Understand?

I've never personally used a Pine Sol and water solution BUT if it worked for hunters way back when why shouldn't it work for us now. I'm not saying everyone or anyone should use it but if they did I don't think it would have the ADVERSE/UNFAVORABLE affect that a SMOKER would have .....

I want to give your smoking up ritual a try just to prove to you it's a poor idea for hunting and only ruins good hunting equipment/supplies BUT I'll be darned If I'm willing to taint all my clothes and hunting equipment with something I already know isn't going to work...besides once the smell of smoke gets into something it's next to impossible to remove that smell so it would be too coslty for me to replace all the smoke damaged ruins.....

SO NOW can we stay on the topic which was pine Sol and not smoke.???

Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
man o man, the crazy things that happen when one is away from the computer... LOL

OK,,,, Whitetail_ENT. first off lets go to the original posting here which was made by buckfever
his post said,,, "just wondering if any of yall hunters have ever heard of this.
when i was a young hunter just getting into it my uncle helped me alot. his version of scent control was a little bit of pinesol in the bottom of a spray bottle. and then fill the rest up with water. claimed it made him smell like a pine tree. just wondering if yall had any older hunters that tried this or similar tactics?
while i will never go back to this tactic because my results with wildlife research products have been well im just curious as to what yall think.

NOTICE his posting had nothing to do with smoke, not even a mention of the word smoke? YET somewhere along the topic (the 6th entry to be exact) you managed to add in your comment "And you all think smoking up is crazy! WOW!"

I never said Pine sol should work.. Pay closer attention to whats really being posted and not what your smoked up mind is letting your eyes see.

What I said was "my Dad and Uncles used to swear by it's affectiveness
(back in the 40's and 50's they didn't have fancy hunting supplies) LOL

Let me explain what I think about the PINE SOL and water solution...
I'm not sure it's the PINE scent that helped them way back when, I think it's the fact that the Pine-Sol kills ODER CAUSING BACTERIA the fact that it has Pine scent may have been a Bonus to the ODER CAUSING BACTERIA KILLERS...
Understand?

I've never personally used a Pine Sol and water solution BUT if it worked for hunters way back when why shouldn't it work for us now. I'm not saying everyone or anyone should use it but if they did I don't think it would have the ADVERSE/UNFAVORABLE affect that a SMOKER would have .....

I want to give your smoking up ritual a try just to prove to you it's a poor idea for hunting and only ruins good hunting equipment/supplies BUT I'll be darned If I'm willing to taint all my clothes and hunting equipment with something I already know isn't going to work...besides once the smell of smoke gets into something it's next to impossible to remove that smell so it would be too coslty for me to replace all the smoke damaged ruins.....

SO NOW can we stay on the topic which was pine Sol and not smoke.???
How do you know it doesn't work if you haven't tried it....example: pine sol.....

Funny you say that it won't work when everybody I KNOW who uses it has yet to say anything negative about it. What do YOU know that the rest of us don't?? I've had more deer UNDER me the first month of hunting than I ever had in years past.

Listen.....I was the biggest person against using smoke when I had first heard about it. I thought that that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. Smoke??? Ridiculous!!! I, along with many others, have become dead set on using nothing else but smoke to cover our scent from now on. It simply works.....period.

Open thy mind.

If you have a ratio for the pine sol and water mixture, I'd be willing to try it out next year. Maybe it's better than smoke.....who knows?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Scrub Buck

Had a friend that swore by pinesol but, he washed his stuff in it and aired it out. I still store my stuff in several plastic bags with last years christmas tree needles in pillowcases... Don't know if the deer react to it or not but it smells nice. I use a scent dispenser from freewebs.com/olduncle... Ive taken lots of good bucks with it and it dosen't seem to matter what I smell like.... got all sweated up hurrying up a mountain and was actually steaming when I unzipped my suit.... and had to put down the candy bar I was eating to shoot a buck.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
Had a friend that swore by pinesol but, he washed his stuff in it and aired it out. I still store my stuff in several plastic bags with last years christmas tree needles in pillowcases... Don't know if the deer react to it or not but it smells nice. I use a scent dispenser from freewebs.com/olduncle... Ive taken lots of good bucks with it and it dosen't seem to matter what I smell like.... got all sweated up hurrying up a mountain and was actually steaming when I unzipped my suit.... and had to put down the candy bar I was eating to shoot a buck.
It was the candy bar that done it for you
Old 11-03-2007, 12:57 AM

musta been a snickers
Old 11-03-2007, 01:39 AM
B&C 100 Class

Butterfinger!! I bet! Chocolaty yet peanut buttery! Sure it satisfies even the wildest of cravings
Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 AM

had to be a Kit Kat, it gives you a break!
Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Scrub Buck

Actually was a Reeses peanut butter cup..... Best thing in the woods besides deer.... I always leave one on a nearby log for the chipmunks when I leave>>>
Closed Thread