Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Chat Room (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/762-chat-room.html)

livoniaredneck64 10-12-2007 06:39 PM

Chat Room

some thing to top this site off is a chat room i have seen other forum pages that have chat rooms i dont kno if its possible or not but its just a idea

buckfever 10-13-2007 07:33 AM

probably possible but at most other sites ive seen the chat rooms are rarely used. if we get a high demand for it we will certainly see about adding one

huntinT63 02-08-2010 07:46 PM

new to chat

Hello all,
I am new to chatting and would love to talk to other hunters in KY. Anyone want to talk?

jamie234561 02-08-2010 09:37 PM

chat

i think i speak for quite a few people who attend all these forums that a chat room would be very nice

HuntingGal&HuntingKid 02-08-2010 11:17 PM

Eh, I dont know,I use to be a Mod in a hunting forum and the chat room got way aout of hand, People go insane in them, and there are several young kids in here that does not need to be in there

Predator 02-09-2010 12:22 AM

Chat rooms detract from the forum as the conversations that would take place in threads are being addressed in the chat room. also chat rooms require constant moderation as things can and usually do get out of hand. especially when open to guests. There also needs to be constraints and a well organized set of rules and guidelines in place.

In most of the chat rooms I have been involved, many of us ended up exchanging phone #s and conversing vocally. much more enjoyable than the endless typing that took 10x longer to say what you wanted.

BruceBruce1959 02-09-2010 06:14 AM

Chat rooms are not safe environments and like airbourne stated need constant monitoring.
I don't believe activating a chat room would add very many positive benefits to the DHC site, if any at all.

ronn 02-09-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 (Post 38983)
Chat rooms are not safe environments and like airbourne stated need constant monitoring.
I don't believe activating a chat room would add very many positive benefits to the DHC site, if any at all.

X2 lots of little/young eyes here and it would be good to keep them.

Predator 02-28-2010 08:41 PM

on the other hand, when standard forum technology evolves to the point I am about to describe, the following might be an interesting and beneficial twist.

real time audio/video conferencing.

buckfever 02-28-2010 08:54 PM

on this note we have our new forums in the works.. I had considered adding a chat box but have still yet to see an active chat room on any of the forums ive seen.. the most use i see them get are from those foreign cats trying to sell their shirts and pants..

What we are trying to add is a little more information down the right side of the forums.. examples would be moon phase, maybe setting it up to where you can see the weather in your local area, team dhc articles, top posters, sample pics from members that upload pics to their personal galleries, etc..