Chat Room - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
B&C 100 Class

I am active in another forum that has had as many as 786 people on at once. I see about 4 or 5 people listed as being in the chat room at any given time.

If you are concerned about kids getting in, that would mean someone would have to monitor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for limited use.

I have to edit my posts about 4 times just to get them to make sense, I cannot fathom being in a chat room. However, I just celebrated the 41st anniversary of my 10th birthday so maybe I am just a crusty curmudgeon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 03:17 AM
B&C 120 Class

I'm with you Craw, my typing and electronics skills are stuck somewhere in the '60's or '70's. With chat rooms come trouble, besides you can say or talk about plenty on our regular forums. Heck, awhile back we had two guys wanting to duke it out over ft. lbs. of recoil in several older and slower rifle rounds. And you can always email a guy(or gal) if you want to discuss something or get some particular info from that person. And when we sign in here, everyone can see who's online and who isn't.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
However, I just celebrated the 41st anniversary of my 10th birthday so maybe I am just a crusty curmudgeon.
I hit the double-nickel later this year, so I think I have a year or two on you. I work on computers and network equipment for a living and thank my mom every day for making me take a Typing 1 class my senior year in high school. I was the only senior, two juniors, the rest were sophomores - and yes, I was on an old manual typewriter to learn.

But getting back to the topic of a Chat Room, I agree that it would need to be monitored 24/7, something that BF and the other moderators don't have the time or $$ to support.

RR
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM

To me our current system works pretty well. I too have seen quite a few birthdays and my slow hands couldn't keep up with today's online speed talkers.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
B&C 120 Class

Just an observation from a newbie, I haven't seen enough activity on the forums to even remotely justify a chatroom. Witht he forums now available, I can't imagine what you would post in a chatroom that couldn't posted on one of the forums already in existence. Just my observation.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
Just an observation from a newbie, I haven't seen enough activity on the forums to even remotely justify a chatroom. Witht he forums now available, I can't imagine what you would post in a chatroom that couldn't posted on one of the forums already in existence. Just my observation.
I noticed that too. Maybe we just have to wait until there are more active users.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
B&C 160 Class

Its called DHC. Out of our forums what else is there to possibly discuss its all covered in my opinion.Dont want this site goin down the wrong road there are plenty of other weirdo sites for that.Again its DHC=outdoor topics!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by livoniaredneck64 View Post
some thing to top this site off is a chat room i have seen other forum pages that have chat rooms i dont kno if its possible or not but its just a idea
Thanks dear for share the post.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Big bucks bob

Default Deerslayer

Let's hit the woods!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote