home break-ins - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:50 PM
B&C 120 Class

Last year my neighbor 5 houses down got cleaned out real good. They actually parked a van with fake company markings on it in the driveway entered and cleaned the place out. No one questioned the van because it was marked! Come to find out there were a few other houses in town that had a similar break...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
B&C 100 Class

Ya this summer while my little cousins parents were at work and they were sleeping three guys broke into their house and when the oldest one ran down stairs the guys ran thank god, also a few months later they were caught but didn't do jail time or anything they were let go for giving up some info on other crimes! And now those three kids are afraid to even stay home alone and get off the bus thank fully there grandparents live really close. Also when the broke in they called their grandparents and the grandpa went there with a gun and their grandma called the police but gave the wrong adress and sent the police on a wild goose chase.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Its folks barns around here. 2 co-workers been hit so far. One lost his zero turn mower, a honda 350 and 2 treestands. The other lost his boat.

I have since moved all my stuff into the basement except my riding lawnmower. I do at least take the key out so they would have to push that big dude on a trailer or bring a key with them.

We have adt and my stupid butt checked it out to make sure it worked last week. Woke up, wife and kids were gone. I didnt know she set it and I walked out the basement door. I couldnt hear it going off. The cops showed up at least.

If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. I got 3 young kids in here.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:37 AM

I am with you BF I have 2 kids also I would have to pull the trigger too win or lose I feel if they are that brave to but into the house they have no issuses hurting my family so I will do my best to prevent that from happening

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
I am with you BF I have 2 kids also I would have to pull the trigger too win or lose I feel if they are that brave to but into the house they have no issuses hurting my family so I will do my best to prevent that from happening

I too have 2 kids as well and I would die if I had to in defending them and I would take anyone silly enough to enter my home with me.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:32 AM

TG I GOT IT!!!!!!!
we need to make life sized cardboard cutouts of you & sell them so people could put them in front of their windows
we clould be like Bazillionares

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
we clould be like Bazillionares

I dont know how much that is,,,, but count me in!!

I will put in for the quailty control job! ("Yep that there poster would scare the do-do outta me and it ought to hold up nicely from your typical abuse")

HM can be our boss since he already is one.!

Tator grab a mop!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

I think the biggest reason no one has even thought about hitting our house is the 70 lb poodle I have sitting in the front yard. When most people think "poodle" they think of the little 5 - 10 lb versions that sit in your lap. Make no mistake, ours would love to be a lap dog too, but having a standard poodle sitting in your lab is a bit much. Think "poodle on steroids" or just google it and you'll see what I mean.

Since moving to the country after retiring from the military, we've always had at least on poodle here on guard in the front yard. At one time we had two, a male and a female. Jet black fur, all you saw of them at night if you were a bad guy was eyeballs and teeth. <grin>

Having a really big dog in the front yard can sometimes deter someone looking for an easy mark. Just my $.02 worth on the subject.

And if they can get past the dog, like BF said "If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger."
Old 04-12-2011, 08:45 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
If some dude walked in my house I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. I got 3 young kids in here.

I'd be so amped up I wouldn't need a gun. That guy would be hurting for awhile. The very thought of someone breaking into my house makes my blood boil. Would have to take a scatter gun with me though.... just in case there's two of 'em....