This is my first time here.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Scrub Buck

Default This is my first time here....

Today is my first time to this forum or any hunting forum for that matter. I am from Minnesota and getting ready for an early doe season this weekend coming. I am very excited. It will be my third hunt. The first time out I shot an 8 point buck and got skunked the second time. LOL! I have been practicing shooting though, and I feel totally ready to get a few more. I will be taking my 14 year old daughter with me this year and she is looking forward to it as well. I am going to read through the posts here and see if I can find a few good tips for our hunt. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you here.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 PM

welcome to the site. glad you picked us to be your first forum. to get an 8 pointer on your first hunt you may be disappointed for awhile. good luck this year and im sure your have a great time hunting with your girl.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

Welcome aboard sulli
Old 10-13-2007, 06:56 AM

Welcome, glad to have you aboard. I wish you and your daughter only the best of luck this season. The only real solid advice I could give you is to take advantage of SCENT CONTROL. Soap, shampoo, deodorant, detergent, fabric sheets, field spray, and don't forget the chewing gum. GO GET 'EM.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Scrub Buck

Thanks for the welcome. Our early anterless season was just for saturday and sunday. On Saturday my daughter went out in the morning and quickly we found out that she is not ready to be a deer hunter (possibly never will be) as she found herself laughing out loud uncontrollably, and not able to stay quiet. So she opted out for the rest of the day (thank goodness) I did shoot a doe later in the day! but did not see anything else. I am planning to bow hunt this year for the first time, and My father surprised me with a brand new browning micro adrenaline bow with all the trimmings! I was very excited. I can hardly wait to get started on that. Happy hunting to you all!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 AM

congrats on the doe and the new gear. those unexpected gifts that we actually like are always nice.

and maybe your daughter will get a little older and start liking it. you never know.