Moultrie D-55IR vs. Wildgame Innovations IR4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default Moultrie D-55IR vs. Wildgame Innovations IR4

I have posted various reviews of the Wildgame Innovations IR4 camera. This should be a big eye opener for any of you who are considering a good camera to buy. This is a true story:
I had my Wildgame Innovations IR4 camera on a tree for 2 weeks. I had the camera set to take still pictures. In those 2 weeks I had 2 pictures! The spot it was in was a really good deer trail. That same day I went back out to the field (very disgusted) and RIPPED the camera from the tree. I was a little hot headed. That same day, I decided to do an experiment. I placed my NEW moultrie D-55IR camera on the EXACT same tree. I told myself I would wait 2 weeks and compare the performance. Maybe this trail wasn't that good... maybe. After 4 days I couldn't wait anymore. I went and checked my Moultrie cam and had over 350 pictures!!!!
If that's not a sign of how horrible these cameras are (wildgame innovations) I don't know what is. I have two of these WI cameras. Both are IR4's. My other one 'was' a good camera for awhile. I went and checked it today and the camera had completely shut off by itself. The battery reading showed that it still had 2 bars left, but it kept shutting off because the batteries were getting 'low'.
Listen fellas, DO NOT waste your money on Wildgame Innovation cameras. They are JUNK. I'm seriously trying to save you guys some money. Tell your loved ones this as well. You don't want these cameras in your woods. I wish I had never bought one. It's been my experience that 1 out of every 6 or 7 Wildgame Innovation cameras actually work and last like they should. Trust me, I've been through that many. I've only boughten 2 of the cameras EVER, but have sent them back to the manufacturers multiple times.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
B&C 160 Class

All the money you spend on these junk cameras is not worth it.My cousin had these to get good pictures he had to put bait on the ground.Buy a cuddyback its the easiest to use,fastest trigger speeds,and you always get the animal centered in the picture.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
All the money you spend on these junk cameras is not worth it.My cousin had these to get good pictures he had to put bait on the ground.Buy a cuddyback its the easiest to use,fastest trigger speeds,and you always get the animal centered in the picture.
its a trick with a narrow pir with cuddy back. centered means you are missing the deer that are on the edge of field of view. much better and less expensive cameras out there than cuddyback. yes wi is a waste of money.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:24 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'm not sure if I'm quite happy with my D-55IR anymore...If the deer is moving then its blurry. Often times I will only get a leg or something where the camera was too slow. And I don't think I like that it takes 45 or 60 seconds between every 3 pictures. It takes real good pictures if the deer is standing still though. Battery life is good as well.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 AM

Well Tator knows I am in the same boat with these useless cameras WisconsinDeer at least you know there are deer there may be blury but it is at least taking pictures
Tator I have already decided next skeet shoot the cameras are getting it I will try & remember to take pics With a camera that works
Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Tator I have already decided next skeet shoot the cameras are getting it I will try & remember to take pics With a camera that works
During rifle season I was in my deer stand and I could see one of my W.I. cameras at about 300yds away. kept going through my mind if I could hit the shot or not.....was very very very very tempted.....
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Yeah that would be the time it actually worked
I thought about putting mine on ebay but I really hate to do that to someone think I will chaulk them up as a loss & get a new ones