Taxidermist.... - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM

The problem with crooks is they feel they are the victim. This guy won't be in business long treating customers like he did to you. Spread the word, it will hurt most right where it should the ole pocketbook. Sorry you had to go through hell but next mount goes to..... the one everybody uses. They may charge a couple of extra bucks but you will get professional work. Good luck Tator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm glad you revealed the name of the business, It's better to warn others about him then it is to let him repeat his wrongs to others.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:41 AM
B&C 180 Class

This taxidermist was literally trying to put the blame on me for it taking so long. I don't understand how someone could be that idiotic. I mean, how could all that he has done to me be my fault? I guess I'm the only guy in existence to ever bring a taxidermist a cape that had a shot hole through it. He also made it sound like it's my fault that he does turkey decoys too and that keeps him busy as well. HOW?
I guess it's my fault that he moved his shop this summer too?? haha

I will be going to someone different next time, that goes without saying.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
B&C 160 Class

Id take my nount and certainly wouldnt give em anymore money.take your head and leave.if he dont like it too bad!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:17 AM

Wow.. You did what you could tator.. Ive never had a bad experience with a taxidermist like that.. Ask around for a good one..

It may take a year to get your trophy back and cost a few more bucks but you will be dealing with someone that appreciates your business..
Old 12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
B&C 180 Class

I got the mount back last night guys. It's about 50/50. 50% of it is done great, and about 50% is not so great. Not very pleased with the work. The guy was very rude to my wife and I when we went to pick it up. We're probably going to report him to the BBB.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM

You got a pic of that trophy yet? We need to see it!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
The problem with crooks is they feel they are the victim.
You hit the nail on the head HM. If you were a business man and you told a customer that you had a cape donated to you and you would give it to them for free, but then something fell through w/that cape, would you call the customer back and say "sorry now you have to pay the extra $50?" NO, like I told my wife, in that situation what is more important, losing a customer as well as all his family/friends or eating the $50?
But believe me fellas, this isn't the only reason why I'm upset with this guy. On friday night he also (in front of my wife) accused me of coming into his shop about a month after I brought him my deer head and said that I was raging mad and yelling. (THIS never happened). A month after I brought the head to him, I had nothing to be mad about! HA! I left his shop friday night saying "well james, you're obviously a compulsive liar because I never came in here mad, until today, and you did call me last month and tell me the cape would be for free. But I guess those two things never happened" Then he shut the lights off and locked us out.

It really was a swell experience.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
B&C 140 Class

mabey the cape was still donated free but he still charged you the $50.oo caz he still had to use the cemicals to tan it out. but either way you said your deer was done and he pulled your rack off and put someone elses on it and started over with yours, right then and there i would have got my crap and went somewere else, (did he offer you an express seivce, to jack someone elses mount for your rack)
Old 12-20-2010, 11:18 AM
B&C 180 Class

onthefly..no he didn't.... good point

Well what gets me is that I called him last tuesday and told him that he needed to have my mount done by friday (dec. 17) and he called back and said it'd be done that friday at 5pm. I had to threaten legal action for this guy to actually do my mount. He claims that when he had my mount done the first time a guy came in wanting his mount right then and there and he had the money for it, so we swapped the racks. He point blank asked me "what should i have done?" I told him I didn't care what he did, just not give away my mount.