Would you Report - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Would you Report

I was on stand at 5 am waiting for daylight and legal shooting time ( 7:09am) at around 6:15 two Does come on the field . Great now I just need to wait for legal shooting time to fill my Doe tag. I watch the Does until 6:48 when a truck comes down the road behind my stand. The truck slows and I am thinking keep moving so you don't spook these deer man. When I hear a gunshot and see a muzzle blast fromthe truck window. The guys in the truck jump out grab a wheel barrow from the back and haul my Doe off.'Mind you it is still 20 minutes to Legal shooting time. I was needless to say angry as heck. I chose to stay on stand and not cause a direct confrontation with guns in hand for safey but got the license plate.mThe guy was parked right behind my truck so he knew someone was hunting the field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

I would've tried to get his license plate number and report him.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:36 PM

I'd report them asap!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 PM

REPORT THEM!!!!!!!!! Jerks for ruining your hunt and taking the easy way out in getting a deer. Poor sports as well.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:48 PM
B&C 160 Class

REPORT THEM. not later... now. no excuse for that.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:07 AM
B&C 160 Class

you gotta report them if you dont your doing a diservice to all the ethical hunters and if you dont they will continue harming our great sport.imagine how you would of felt if that was a monster buck you were watching.if you had your cell i would of called right there and then.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM
B&C 100 Class

REPORT THEM NOW MAKE THEM PAY i am really getting tired of this kind of thing this happens all over pa not to forget all the jerks that trespassed on my land this year i let i first two go (don't no why) but the last to i call the game officer asap good luck and burn them down
Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
B&C 100 Class

Thanks for the input. I called the number for the wildlife crimes hotline on the back of my license and reported te in ident and gave them the info I had.

Better yet whentelling a lady at my church about the n indecent she says "I didn't know you hunted" and makes a phone call to her elderly parents who give me permission to use their land 160 acres to hunt. I have permission to develop green fields build blinds manage herd. Land hasn't been hunted since they bought it 20 years back. But is in a good area for deer in West Kansas.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM
B&C 100 Class

REPORT THEM!!

I had a similar confrontation in the woods a few years back. And, like you did not cause a scene.
Ended up this guy was nothing but trouble and the poaching habits were observed by many others. The officials stopped me once and thought I was this poacher. We talked things over and cleared my name and he informed me they (the DNR) were doing a huge investigation.

They caught him eventually, drugs, stolen guns, poaching...lots of bad news with this guy.
Clean up your area, it feels good to know jerks like this are behind bars.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM
B&C 180 Class

I agree with everyone on here-- you have to REPORT THEM immediately. Next time, Don't wait, call the law quickly. It's always best if the law can catch them in the act! You could've told them that these guys were armed and dangerous, and had half the county sheriffs looking for them! These people need to be held accountable. Just think if you had been sitting in direct aim of their rifle? You may not be here today telling us this situation! Or even worse, if your son/daughter was sitting in direct aim. Think about that!! And if not YOU, maybe some other kid down the road!?!?! I think poaching w/a firearm should have a minimum of 1 year in prison. ANYONE ELSE???