Rate your season - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default Rate your season

While i didnt score on anything big but i harvested a buck@ doe with the bow and took another small buck with the gun so i cant complain.Always grateful for the harvest.Just seemed like this year in new york it was all or nothing at alot of the camps i know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 AM

Well it is that way in NH every year
I got a spring turkey w/ shotgun, Fall turkey w/ bow & a doe w/ the Bow so I would have to rate my year a 8 out of 10
didn't harvest anything w/ rifle or anything in NY I still have a week for second Bow tag here but isn't looking good but rating may go up
Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 AM
B&C 160 Class

It's not been a great season for me. I have not been able to get out as much as I would have liked. I have take 3 does and a small buck and we still have over a month of hunting left so hopefully I can find some time to get out.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 AM
B&C 120 Class

Its been a a tough deer season for me. I have not been able to get out as much as i would like and haven't even takena shot yet. We depend on venison so hopefully the last few days hear will provide an oppurtunity.

As far as other hunting/ trapping takes I got a spring and fall turkey and trapped my first muskrats, mink, and took an opposum - that has been a blast!

As far as not getting out as much - the birth of daighter #2 came the week before hunting seasons opened hear, 10-10-10. Shes is a huge blessing and would trump the taking of the biggest deer ever.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM

Congrats timetohunt 10/10 is my youngest daughter's birthday
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
B&C 120 Class

Thank you gfdeputy2, my wife was hoping for that date for months.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well this year I got 4 deer, 2 does, a 10pt buck and 1 button buck. (I still have time to bow hunt though...) but so far I'd say 8 out of 10 is my rank. I'm glad that I got to take 2 does, and I hope I get to take at least one more. I'm still huntin' for my BIG 9pt!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
B&C 100 Class

The numbers for Ohio's gun season has shown that the harvest is down about 10%. As far as my season, I harvested a respectable 8pt with my bow and in Ohio the law is one buck per year no matter the method taken. I still have a weekend shotgun season, a four day muzzleloader season, and archery doesn't end 'til Feb. 6th. I hope to take a doe in one of those seasons. I'd rate my year as a 9 out of 10 so far because of the amount of deer I have seen and last year I ended up eating a tag sandwich
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Does a 0 out of 10 work?

Didnt get to bow hunt. To much work. The weather has been weird during ML and Rifle. Seen several little bucks which is still exciting. I dont think I have even seen 1 doe that I could have legally taken. (during gun we have to have another permit, I didnt buy because I usually take my does early in the season.)

The best weather we have had is this week. Which is back to bow season. I scheduled the giveaway this week because this is usually between rut for the 2 different places I hunt. Not so this year. I have seen more deer movement coming home from work these past 2 days then I have seen all year.

Its not at all lost though. Where the big boys roam for me is the area I hunt late in the season. Should get some time there at the end of the month and early Jan. Last years big buck came on Jan 2nd.

It has just been frustrating the way the deer and weather have been acting this year.

Last Saturday I did see a good buck chase a deer down the ridge in front of me at 75 yards. They ran around a group of trees 3 times and then back up over the ridge. Never could get him in my scope. Dont know if he would have stopped for me anyway.

Ok Im done crying. Still enjoy sitting in the tree stand and just being out in the great outdoors.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 PM
B&C 140 Class

though I have not gotten a deer yet this year it is still a great season. It's great to just be out side in Gods creation.