Rate your season - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Scrub Buck

I'm going to rate mine a 9. I hit the largest buck of my life that I searched for two days and did not recover or I would have rated the season a 10.

Had some amazing experiences in the woods the first week of November, the best rut I have seen in 18 years.

Let a handful of small bucks walk and put my second doe in the freezer the other day. Still have a couple sits left with the muzzleloader so anything can happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 07:38 AM
B&C 120 Class

This year is a special one for me and definetly a 10 the reason being I shot my first deer this year. However, I value every day I spend in the field the memories and expieriences in the field are priceless regardless if i see a deer or not.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Scrub Buck

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by three under View Post
I'm going to rate mine a 9. I hit the largest buck of my life that I searched for two days and did not recover or I would have rated the season a 10.

Had some amazing experiences in the woods the first week of November, the best rut I have seen in 18 years.

Let a handful of small bucks walk and put my second doe in the freezer the other day. Still have a couple sits left with the muzzleloader so anything can happen.
Make it a 9+. filled a muzzleloader tag on my last hunt of the year.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:52 AM
B&C 140 Class

I would have to rate my season at about a 7. I'm saying that only because neither of my kids had a chance to put anything into the freezer. Nothing happened to come out the few times that they went out with me. At least I can say that my teen-aged daughter went out with me a few times this year. This year was the first year she ever expressed an interest in hunting. Was sure hoping that she could show up her brothers this year, but no such luck in that department.

Deer are funny critters, that's for certain. Was driving to town yesterday and happened to glance out into one of the fields. Underneath a stand of trees I saw two good sized doe. One was curled up completely asleep while the other was lying down but with head up and alert. Guess they take turns being on guard duty or something.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:50 AM
B&C 120 Class

Season Update: I would have to revise my season rating to a 9. I was hunting with my brother when he harvested his first deer - He got two does in one morning, a feat I have not done my self. I managed to get a big doe on 12-18, the last saturday of muzzleloader/deer season. I managaged to put meat in the freezer and avoid going deerless!!