Deer Hunting Forums banner

What a season, Sons first deer

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Huntanglergirl 
#1 ·
My 15 year old has been waiting for three years (since our hunting property in Louisiana was devastated by hurricane Rita) to get chance to take his first deer. This year we set up on Walk in hunting area in our new home state of kansas. He worked hard to get all his school work done ahead of time so he could take off school to hunt. We went out opening day and I killed he didnt get a shot. Next day he shot and missed. On Friday we went to St Marys kansas where he was awarded a youth hunt by Westar energy(great company great program). with about 10 minutes of legal shooting time left in the day it all came together for him a buck walked out not a shooter (8 or better ) this one was a 6 pointer. then about 5 does came out. he picked his deer and squeezed off his shot. He then looked so deflated all the deer ran off. The about 60 yds away one of them stopped, it was his doe she swayed a little then went down. His screams of excitement was louder than the 7 mag he was shooting. Greatest hunt of my life and I didnt even have a gun.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Great story! I will always remember my first deer, I thought I was shooting a doe and when we found it, it was a little 5 point! One of the very first times my dad let me sit in the stand by myself. I remember hollaring for dad as soon as I shot! Im not sure who was happier me or him!!! Great memories! Congratulations to the both of you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.