When is everyone starting with estrous? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:28 AM
B&C 160 Class

goose say hi to johnny best catcher to ever play ball.lifelog red fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
B&C 100 Class

Did you get a chance to make a mock scrape. If not make sure to get the magnum dripper it last 2-3 weeks. Just use the stuff that comes with it. It will surely pull in alot of bucks
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

No, haven't tried the magnum dripper yet.. but I did put a scent drag rag down by my camera (I FORGOT TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE FIELD W/ME!) and got this interesting pic....

**once again folks, this is a wildgame innovations camera, this pic is frustrating to me.... the trigger speed is NOT fast what-so-ever...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0266.jpg (105.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
B&C 100 Class

Location: currently in oklahoma city, soon I will be moving to little axe oklahoma

jsut to rehash what I said about watching the deer, and using estrous when bucks start acting like bucks, yesterday morning at about 8:30 I was almost to a jobsite near stuart oklahoma, I saw one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen in the middle of a large (250-300 acre) open field, with his nose to the ground just moving along without a care in the world, he never acted like he noticed my 18 wheeler which was only about 75 yards from him. he was obviously hot on the trail of something, most likely some lady's lol
the rut is definately starting here in oklahoma. I saw a total of 9 deer yesterday, 5 of them being bucks, also a large number of turkeys. the temps were in the low 50's, clear blue sky, light northerly breeze, aprox 10 mph. every deer I seen was in broad daylight, nothing at sunup or sundown
happy hunting, I would be going if I was not about to head to work
Old 11-06-2010, 11:39 AM
B&C 140 Class

I just tried out "Special Golden Estrus" for the first time last night. There was a buck walking in the thick stuff about 80 yards from my stand. As soon as he got a whiff of the Estrus he couldn't run fast enough to it! He looked like a nice 8 point, I would have shot him. I was stupid and I reached for my bow to quickly and he saw me. He stopped at 58 yards and did not want to take another step forward. He stood there for about 4-5 minutes and hopped away. I like this stuff!