Basm - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:27 AM

No, right now there are just a lot of Rumors floating around, The "new" governor is replacing our Fish and Wildlife commissioner (Wayne Laroche) with (Patrick Berry), Wayne Laroche had a long list of Scientific & Biological qualifications and this new guy, Patrick Berry, well he's a bird hunter and former Montana fishing guide. Oh Lord hear my prayers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 AM

well hope it works out for both of us
Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 AM
B&C 140 Class

fish and game here in Kentucky have a 15" spread minumum for bucks on some of their wildlife management areas, and also these areas are bow hunt only except for the youth gun weekends but even youth must stick to the 15" for bucks and no limitations on doe other than the state harvest limits wich our state is put into zone areas, and we have 4 different zones in the state and it seems to help because of diferent populations of deer and turkey through out the counties the regulations for each area.
im a freezer hunter mostly and even being a freezer hunter doesnt mean i shoot the first thing that walks in front of me every time. i feel the bigger the deer the more meat for the freezer. sure i could easaly tag out with 4 yearlings every year but would only have the meat equivalent of about one and a half mature does
i personaly like the idea of size limmits on deer. we have had size and slot limmits on fish for many many years. and as a fisherman as well i can say the number of avarage bigger fish cought has incressed, so to think with a few limmits and in a few more years able to see 150 160 class bucks more on an avarage than a rareaty im game. and even for the avarage rack hunter their gonna pass on the smaller racks as well anyways. only people i can see getting upset is the newer hunter that seen a first nice buck and was unable to shoot. meat hunters as my self are looking for the bigger mature doe first then if a buck comes along well then he can help fill the freezer too but if he dont well thats ok too, my wife dont like my man cave walls enough already
Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
B&C 160 Class

Look the truth is with all this science there were more deer years ago.I hunted in bath new york since 1985 it was great hunting.Due to the high number of doe permits issued year after year there were almost no deer left.All this science is just what it is,howcome with all this great knowledge and management there are less deer than ever in most places.Stop issuing so many doe permits and let the herd come back.I think we interfere too much with nature,and here in new york the department of conservation is clueless.Just because somebody has a title or degree does not mean squat.Its us hunters who know whats out there but the powers that be wont listen.Take HM for example in pa. He hunted here for years,who knows more about that area than him or his fellow hunters.But they'll tell him numbers are up