Magnum Scrape-Dripper - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 PM

I have read where those scent drippers shut off at night when the temperature drops. What happens on warm nights, the buck scent checks several times at night finds nothing to track and leaves the area. I prefer the wick pullouts that you can seal them up at night, estrus scents do work, I've been using them from the 70's with good success during the archery rut period. We arrive for a few days of heavy prerut and finish with full rut activities happening. It's a great time to be archery hunting,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 12:23 AM
B&C 140 Class

[QUOTE=Hunting Man;47132]I have read where those scent drippers shut off at night when the temperature drops. What happens on warm nights, the buck scent checks several times at night finds nothing to track and leaves the area. QUOTE]

Basically the same thing that happens when you put it out and it works as intended, he will keep coming back at different times to intercept the receptive doe. we don't have too many days during the pre rut/ rut that the nights are warmer than the day.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Scrub Buck

Could be the same buck from last year... He is under my mock scrape with the scent dripper. Just 15 yards from climber. These were taken Oct 18 at 2 AM. The little buck (picture Oct 12 1AM) is the one I see just about every hunt now in the morning. I had him in the xbow scope twice inside 15 yards (just for good practice of technique, movement, etc..) on Saturday. I hope I can get the big un during pre-rut.

Last edited by CowboyHokie; 10-25-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:45 AM
B&C 100 Class

Those are some nice looking pics!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 PM

Nice buck in the first photo. With the rut coming up, hopefully bucks will show themselves in daylight hours. Right now the report from PA is all deer are showing a nocturnal habit that wasn't seen just 5 years ago. They are learning.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
B&C 100 Class

Im putting one of them drippers out tomorrow. I have a lot of night activity hoping this gets em moving during shooting hours. I have buddies that swear by em say there bucks been coming out in light for 2 weeks. Hmmm not sure but Ill find out and post it up
That looks like the same buck to me
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

i'm putting all my lures and such out on the 6th....my hunt starts on the 13th
Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Scrub Buck

I'm heading to my club in Buckingham, Va on Thursday night. Crossbow hunt on Friday and Muzzy on Saturday. I won't disturb the "house" buck until Nov 3 and 4 (evening hunt) and again on Nov 6 all day ....

I may do a Buck Bomb (Dominant Buck) on the 3rd and Buck Bomb (Estrus) on the 6th if the woods "feel" right for activity.

Last edited by CowboyHokie; 10-26-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 AM
B&C 180 Class

It's supposed to be a nice weekend to hunt here in MO. Temps are supposed to drop down to freezing Thurs night! FINALLY!!!!!!!! Usually we have a freeze before now...
Did anyone else in the U.S. see the moon last night (10/26/10)???? WOW, very beautiful, and BIG. Looked like a orange fireball heading towards earth!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Scrub Buck

I got a nice doe on friday from my ladder stand with my Tenpoint Titan HLX crossbow. The NAP Spitfire expandable sounded like a fastball hitting a catchers mitt. The shot was 20 yds straight through lungs. Exit wound was just devastating. A diamond looking cut 3in diameter. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going after the big one behind house. Here is a new young buck that has showed up. If you look at the very top of picture you can see my scrape dripper above his antlers. I'll let him walk until the next year or two..