buck bomb - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
going to try it this year for the first time... got the doe pee version. DID YOU KNOW they make a BEAR BOMB!?!?! I don't think i'm man enough to carry that little can around with me! Cutos to you guys who hunt bear!
they make a bear bomb moose bomb and predator bomb too i find though in the buck bombs the young buck works best early rut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 01:08 AM
B&C 140 Class

Most of the products go for around 10.00 when not on sale. 33% off now at dicks and MC sports. remember now, that's 10.00 for 5 oz of scent vs 6.00 for 1 oz in bottles. or more.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
B&C 180 Class

Thanks predator-- i'll have to hit up dicks this weekend! Our MC sports here in central MO doesn't have hunting gear! wish it did though.... they have TONS of outdoor kyacking and gortex gear, but I NEVER SEE ANYONE BUYING IT! crazy!

ALSO- does anyone else's wal-mart run out of hunting stuff before the season even gets here? Mine does... and it ticks me off. That means I have to travel about 35+ miles to another LARGE hunting store and buy stuff there. So much more convenient to buy it at wal-mart. they are completely out of scent spray, body wash, scent killer spray, and just about anything else you would want/need. PLUS if you don't buy your ammo now.. you won't be able to get any before rifle season. THEY RUN out! How rediculous is that? Think about all the money they are losing...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 PM
B&C 140 Class

"PLUS if you don't buy your ammo now.. you won't be able to get any before rifle season."

That's one reason why I try to grab a box here and a box there during the rest of the year (since I'm practically living in a Wally World when home anyway). They have all the "normal" calibers that I hunt with, relying on other stores in the area for the "oddball" ones like 6mm Remington for example.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Scrub Buck

I used the Bomb last year while xbow hunting. I had leg surgery in October so I couldnt use a tree stand and was on the ground. I used an entire can in one spot. First I sprayed surrounding bushes and then I just sat it on the ground. Within 10 minutes a young spike came in within 10 yards of me and started acting real suspicious and downright goofy. He stayed around and was right over the can smelling everything. He looked at me several times as I was sitting on a small knob sandwiched between two big pines, but I didn't flinch and he couldn't figure me out as the threat. I let him walk after 30 minutes of him hanging out...

I'm 1 for 1 with the bomb, so I'm waiting to use the esterous bomb in a couple of weeks..