Deer Hunting Forums banner

Bowhunters Setup Scent

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried using the Bowhunters Setup Scent? It's made by Muzzy

#3 ·
it's an Attractant, Deer supposedly love the stuff according to the manufacturer (Muzzy Broadheads)...

Here's the link to their store if you want to check it out.
Muzzy Bowhunter's Set-up

you're suppsed to use it around the area of your tree stand before you climb in, you spray it in the area's that you want the deer to stop at, So you can set up your shot as the deer stop to check out the stuff you sprayed. Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? I mean "IF" it works .. :biggrin:

#5 ·
never used that brand but ive used wildlife research 's stuff.golden estrus,trails end and mock scrape.the deer definitly like it they'll come in nose to the ground.:wink:

#6 ·
yeah i dont think those things actually (bring) the deer. but in their defense if there is something that will attract the deers attention for a few seconds as it walks thru your area it is worth it to me. i dont buy attractants to bring deer to my stand, i buy them just in case a deer walks thru maybe it will divert his attention enough that i can draw my bow back and shoot. $10 is prob not to bad for that stuff. its a whole lot cheaper than C-Mere Deer.

#7 ·
Well I've never been a big fan of scents with "Attractants and Lures" topping my list of "items to be wary of" but I agree that if it can divert or grab a bucks attention long enough for me to draw on then it may be worth giving it a try.

I don't believe that any company has made a product that will make a Deer come running in So I'm always skeptical about trying the stuff..

#9 ·
I went on a hunt two years ago and saw the results of a product called deercane.I was in a stand that was between the river and a corn field and after daylight I started seeing does jumping into the corner of the cornfield.There must have been 20 does going in and out of there all morning just in the corner.When the ranch manager picked me up and I told him what I saw he laughed and told me he had poured out a sack of this deercane in that corner.I would say it worked great but I never saw a horn and the place was 10pts or better.The fishing turned out to be great though.lol

G
#11 ·
Bow Hunters Set Up

This past Deer season here in Vermont was anouther tough one! There are no Deer left in this state! The first deer that I have seen in the Vermont woods in the last two years happened to be a nice 180lb. 2 1/2 year old 6 pointer! It was opening weekend of rifle season. I jumped him on my way into the woods while tip toeing to my favorite spot and I listened to him trot away and slow down a hundred yards away. Then I did not hear him again. I sprayed Bowhunters Set Up into the air and onto the tree branches around me and sat down to wait. (It was 4:15 in the afternoon. Just before dusk I started to hear a light crunching sound off in the direction that the deer had run off to. He was tip toeing from downwind coming straight towards me! His head was up, his lip curled back, sniffing the air! At 10 yards I dropped him with a single shot to the lower neck area! (There was no other shot to take because he was facing me and walking straight towards me!)
Yes! This stuff works! This was the third deer I had gotten with this stuff! They really like the smell of it! Bucks and Does all seem to be curious about the smell. Buy some, you will be pleased.

#12 ·
I have usedit off and on going back to before Muzzy bought it. It is a non-sexual, synthetic scent and the way I used it, it worked. I sprayed it on bushes in a place I wanted deer to stop. Most did and some got killed.

In one area, I sprayed two bushes and after the season, when I went to pull the stand, the bushes were eaten up. I don't know that it attarcts deer but it will stop one.

:yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.