Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Bowhunters Setup Scent (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/628-bowhunters-setup-scent.html)

BruceBruce1959 08-28-2007 07:00 AM

Bowhunters Setup Scent

Has anyone ever tried using the Bowhunters Setup Scent? It's made by Muzzy

buckfever 08-28-2007 09:33 AM

not I. what is it?

BruceBruce1959 08-28-2007 01:12 PM

it's an Attractant, Deer supposedly love the stuff according to the manufacturer (Muzzy Broadheads)...

Here's the link to their store if you want to check it out.
Muzzy Bowhunter's Set-up

you're suppsed to use it around the area of your tree stand before you climb in, you spray it in the area's that you want the deer to stop at, So you can set up your shot as the deer stop to check out the stuff you sprayed. Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? I mean "IF" it works .. :biggrin:

wisconsinshotty 08-29-2007 11:11 AM

all those manufactures say that it brings deer but it usually doesnt

joel the signman 08-29-2007 10:16 PM

never used that brand but ive used wildlife research 's stuff.golden estrus,trails end and mock scrape.the deer definitly like it they'll come in nose to the ground.:wink:

buckfever 08-29-2007 10:20 PM

yeah i dont think those things actually (bring) the deer. but in their defense if there is something that will attract the deers attention for a few seconds as it walks thru your area it is worth it to me. i dont buy attractants to bring deer to my stand, i buy them just in case a deer walks thru maybe it will divert his attention enough that i can draw my bow back and shoot. $10 is prob not to bad for that stuff. its a whole lot cheaper than C-Mere Deer.

BruceBruce1959 08-30-2007 06:44 AM

Well I've never been a big fan of scents with "Attractants and Lures" topping my list of "items to be wary of" but I agree that if it can divert or grab a bucks attention long enough for me to draw on then it may be worth giving it a try.

I don't believe that any company has made a product that will make a Deer come running in So I'm always skeptical about trying the stuff..

buckfever 08-30-2007 09:50 AM

yeah thats what i was saying. i dont think there is a product out there that will really draw a deer to you. but i do think it might grab their attention if they happen on by.

rockman57 09-03-2007 07:42 PM

I went on a hunt two years ago and saw the results of a product called deercane.I was in a stand that was between the river and a corn field and after daylight I started seeing does jumping into the corner of the cornfield.There must have been 20 does going in and out of there all morning just in the corner.When the ranch manager picked me up and I told him what I saw he laughed and told me he had poured out a sack of this deercane in that corner.I would say it worked great but I never saw a horn and the place was 10pts or better.The fishing turned out to be great though.lol

jcc6063 09-23-2007 08:27 PM

reply to attractants

First year using deer-cane powder type , and am having great results for bringing in the deer. They've torn a hole in the ground about 10ft round, eating these proteins and minerals!..Try it ..ya might find the same results:thumbup: