Hunt for the deer, not the score - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
ronn

i don't really understand either, huntr-. maybe hm is on to something with the negative pokes at the other person creates whatever, a buzz. some think because i defend the other guy i'm against something. well i guess i am against something, belittling the way some else hunts or the reason they hunt.

i am a trophy hunter. i love big ole bucks with big ole gnarly racks. I'm also a meat hunter. love me a good deer steak or stroganoff. i'm almost as happy just hunting as i am if i'm dragging a deer out of the woods.

so again if a guy wants to write a big check, sit in a box, and shoot a monster buck in a bean field. good for him. if a guy wants to put 100 pounds of meat in the freezer good for him also. but they shouldn't beat on each other while doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM

Internal conflict is the surest destroyer of any group/association. Opponents just sit back doing virtually nothing and watch the implosion take place. This is why it's so important to stand united in all fronts whatever the cause.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
B&C 160 Class

whatever ones motivation is for hunting should be there own.i personally im most happy taking out whole backstraps with a cold one and friends but thats me.i do like to see that when somebody harvests something that the meat is consumed by someone excluding vermin of course.that would be my only pet peeve.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM
B&C 160 Class

I just enjoy being out there on a stand with a full Thermos of coffee
Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'm with Ron on this one. Are you characters trying to tell me that my BIG BUCKS don't put meat on the table or that my hunts are not real hunts give me a break. Going out and slinging lead or pointed sticks at any brown fur bearer is far from hunting. Because of my hunting ability from time spent in the woods HUNTing I can harvest enough deer to feed a family of 10 for a whole year in less than a week of evenings. I did not learn how to do that by shooting anything that came by but by observation of what I let walk by. I am a trophy hunter and very proud of it.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Internal conflict is the surest destroyer of any group/association. Opponents just sit back doing virtually nothing and watch the implosion take place. This is why it's so important to stand united in all fronts whatever the cause.
I agree HM but, what do we do when it's an outfitter breaking the laws which has an indirect affect on each of us? should we stand united and ignore their illegal activities? turn a blind eye? promote their activites by utilizing their services?

Let me give you an example and I'd like to know how each of you feel about this 2009 incident referred to as a misdemeanor violation of the Lacey Act.. The fines totaled $20,000.00 Dollars that's an expensive deer head.

Personally I think this outfitter should have been shut down totally, I have zero tolerance with outfitters who knowingly and willfully ignore game laws.
Which again if they were Hunting for the deer and not the score, this wouldn't have happened.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

BB HORSE PUCKY!! In every group, clan, organization, CHURCH!! there are bad eggs. If we did not drive cars there would be no auto accidents---------BUT ther would be horse and buggy accidents though---Ahhhhe?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
BB HORSE PUCKY!! In every group, clan, organization, CHURCH!! there are bad eggs. If we did not drive cars there would be no auto accidents---------BUT ther would be horse and buggy accidents though---Ahhhhe?
And the bad eggs in those groups get punished too, With much greater punishments too. and FYI

I'm a Trophy hunter too but to me a trophy isn't just big bucks! Get a clue!

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 09-08-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM

see what I mean about internal conflict!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 PM

yup.... and do you see my point abut this shotty outiftter?

Closed Thread