What is your look on female hunters? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Scrub Buck

Cool What is your look on female hunters?

Hey everyone I'm Rachel. I have never hunted before so this is my year. But I have a question.. Can guys hunt with girls or does their egos get in the way?

The reason I ask is I am pretty upset tonight over what my boyfriend told me. I have been trying to help him with his food plot... well when he was leaving he saw 3 nice bucks in the field across from the property he hunts.. and he said that was a sign to him that he is going to get them. Maybe I just took it wrong but what the heck! I might be new to hunting but I think I can do just as much as a guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 09:30 PM
B&C 160 Class

id hunt with a girl.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 PM

No egos when hunting if you're concentration on hunting. I started the wife archery hunting but she stopped when the kids were born. If she wants to hunt then take her!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 PM

Wouldnt bother me none. Welcome to the site.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
B&C 100 Class

Maybe he meant that chances of shooting one were good because he saw the deer, not that he was going to shoot one and you weren't. I'd take a girl hunting too, but I first need to go deer hunting myself, haven't been yet either....went turkey hunting once and I've done a lot of shed hunting...hope I can go this fall but might not be able to.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 AM
ronn

thats a very interesting question. I think what catman said is most likely the case.

hunting is for the most part an individual pursuit. being such and humans being well human, competition naturally comes into play. in some folks its very huge in others its barely noticeable. i believe some guys have some sort of issue with females hunting but i think its genetic or its in-coded in us over our history on earth. its a male thing to be the provider and some guys can't handle it when a female does the providing. that said the way i see it that makes it his problem and not yours.

i do believe the ego comes into hunting. every successful hunter feels that boost, that sense of accomplishment, yes that little boost to their ego.

like i said at first i think he may have been talking in more of a general terms about seeing the deer is a good sign and i think that he'll be super proud of you and for you if/when you do get that deer. most people that care about us would.

welcome to the club
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 AM

Hi Rachel, Greetings from Vermont & welcome to the club.

I hope it's just a misunderstanding on your part and your boyfriend is really supporting you as a hunter.

Females can hunt just as well if not better than some males.
If anyone thinks differently they should learn more about the Deer Hunters Club youth forum moderator and Team DHC member "East Texas Droptine" (Karina)
that young lady not only sets great example as a youth hunter but as a female hunter as well. and she's just one example.

I would hunt with any female hunter as long as she is a safe shooter and disciplined hunter
and by disciplined hunter I mean she has to be serious about hunting

(shooting often to gain accuracy and confidence with her weapon, scouting to learn more about the wild game animals she is hunting,
develop ethical hunting habits and maintain a real sports-womanlike manner so it's clear she's not just wanting to hang out with the men.)

Good Luck & Happy Safe Hunting Always!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:18 AM

I have been hunting most of my life with great friends/deer camps. Egos are the first thing that will ruin a deer camp and ruin any relationship. With that said, healthy competition will fuel a hunting camp and make better hunters all around regardless of sex. Anytime you can share a great adventure then don't pass on it as time will pass you by. Everyone must make up their own decision regarding hunting and the killing of game. Sharing life that's whats important and if it's hunting and fishing all the better. Just remember the saying "you can do it".
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 AM

Hey Rachel and welcome to the site. Glad to have you here. I think females can do anything that a guy does, especially hunting. Go out there and show him!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
B&C 120 Class

Well last year was the first year me and my fieonce went hunting together. And she did awesome. I knew she would. I would like to consider my self a good shooter. I shoot a lot of competition. 3 gun. long range and pistol comp. But she out shoots me on the regular. She takes more time on her shots. Its proven women have a lot more patiance. So go out and get the bisgest buck you can. And tell him nana nana boo boo. Ha ha but more important have fun and be safe.