What is your look on female hunters? - Page 7 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:43 PM
ronn

here's a thought and its something of a political football as well as an issue i have. why is it the term is "female hunter"? why is it not just a hunter? why is it an "African American" and not just an American? or "Hispanic American" or Native American, which by the way there is no such thing because everyone came from somewhere else. i really believe that these terms/labels further divide us and add to the differences that translate to racism, or sexism or whatever. ya know what i mean? its like because someone is hyphenated something they are entitled to special consideration. if we are all equal why is special consideration even a factor? just a question that a acceptable answer still eludes me. sorry if thats changing the subject but i don't think it is. i think its more of cutting to the core of the issue.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
here's a thought and its something of a political football as well as an issue i have. why is it the term is "female hunter"? why is it not just a hunter? why is it an "African American" and not just an American? or "Hispanic American" or Native American, which by the way there is no such thing because everyone came from somewhere else. i really believe that these terms/labels further divide us and add to the differences that translate to racism, or sexism or whatever. ya know what i mean? its like because someone is hyphenated something they are entitled to special consideration. if we are all equal why is special consideration even a factor? just a question that a acceptable answer still eludes me. sorry if thats changing the subject but i don't think it is. i think its more of cutting to the core of the issue.
I agree ronn, here at the DHC, I refer to female hunters as female hunters because Some I know don't want to be called Hunters, one I met politely corrected me and said "I'm a Huntress not a hunter" BUT I totally agree with you about multi-titles like African-Americans, Mexican-Americans etc etc etc
I've been saying it for a long time now Ronn, DROP the multi references and just call yourselves American and to those that don't agree I say "Just email me and I'll send you Directions to one of America's quickest Exits BACK to your Other country".

Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
ronn

hahahahaha. thats just it, bb. huntress, hunter, terminology is creating a division. it seems to help create an us and them mentality instead of a we mentality. don't get me wrong i love the differences but it just seems to propagate racism, sexism, and all the other isms.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 PM

I totally agree with you ronn but try as we may we'll be talking until we're a lot older or dead before it catches on.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
or Native American, which by the way there is no such thing because everyone came from somewhere else.

My whole life I've been lied to!!!!! 12 years of school Social Studies/History telling me I was a Native American. Columbus, who's the first European to set foot here thinks he's in India and calls the people he finds "Indians". 1492 who found who?! . Starving settlers that knew nothing about farming, planting, hunting, and adapting to the climate here were shown the way by Native Americans (according to historical facts and such) which by the way was called the 1st Thanksgiving (according to historical facts and such) Cavalries and settlers gunning/cutting down the Native Americans and herding them onto small pieces of land later to be called "reservations". Well now here I am on my reservation about to be squashed again due to NYS knit-picking Federal treaties made with the Gov't a long time ago stating "let these Native Americans live on these reservations to govern themselves and be free of any taxation and state government ordinances!!!!!!" Well, the "Indians" get smart and start selling legalized products and legitimate business on the "reservation" and the State of NY says "hey!!!!! We want in on that!!!!!! Anyways, now I have to find out where I really came from. Maybe I'm a German Indian, Czech Indian, Austrailian maybe. Hell!!! I don't know!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
My whole life I've been lied to!!!!! 12 years of school Social Studies/History telling me I was a Native American. Columbus, who's the first European to set foot here thinks he's in India and calls the people he finds "Indians". 1492 who found who?! . Starving settlers that knew nothing about farming, planting, hunting, and adapting to the climate here were shown the way by Native Americans (according to historical facts and such) which by the way was called the 1st Thanksgiving (according to historical facts and such) Cavalries and settlers gunning/cutting down the Native Americans and herding them onto small pieces of land later to be called "reservations". Well now here I am on my reservation about to be squashed again due to NYS knit-picking Federal treaties made with the Gov't a long time ago stating "let these Native Americans live on these reservations to govern themselves and be free of any taxation and state government ordinances!!!!!!" Well, the "Indians" get smart and start selling legalized products and legitimate business on the "reservation" and the State of NY says "hey!!!!! We want in on that!!!!!! Anyways, now I have to find out where I really came from. Maybe I'm a German Indian, Czech Indian, Austrailian maybe. Hell!!! I don't know!!!!!
what you say is fact. the peoples that were here frist got poked no doubt about it. and yup the history books will be rewritten because columbus wasn't the first European here. several were here long before he was. as well as maybe the Chinese, Japanese and the polynesians

asia. the first peoples on this continent came from asia, the books will say 17000 years ago. some believe as far back as 40000 years ago. there is also paleolithic evidence of the first peoples coming from europe as well and meeting the peoples from asia somewhere in the middle of the continent. i believe this is probably pretty likely.

so yea, your ancestors, like mine, arrived on this continent from somewhere else.

no disrespect intended

Last edited by ronn; 09-03-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Daughter on the Range

Took my 16 yr old daughter out to the range over this past weekend. Got her set up with a Savage Model 11 in .243. The only other rifle's that she's handled in the past were some .22's at church camp. (Hey, this IS Texas after all!)

Anyway, she did pretty good at the zero range, taking only a few rounds to get zeroed. When moving to the 100 yard range, she put 7 out of 8 rounds in a 2 inch circle, pulling only one round (which went into the target's head).

Can't wait for deer season to open in a couple more months to see the look on her face when she get's her first buck or doe!

Hey Buckfever -- this is the same rifle I've talked to you about in the past. You just have to come get it for a certain young lady in your household! (But now you have to wait at least until this season is over - or she get's her tag filled!)