What is your look on female hunters? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 PM
B&C 100 Class

My dad taught me to hunt when was 3 years old but all I was allowed to hunt was rabbits and squirrels. "Females" were not allowed in the woods during deer season. 6 years ago my boyfriend & I move to South Dakota and he got me started deer hunting. The first year we didn't even see any deer until 1/2 hour before sunset on the last day of hunting. I had been worried about having "buck fever" but when I saw 3 does coming up, I waited for them to get closer. He spooked them when he came to get me and get out of the woods. The next year, I got my 1st deer ever-a nice mule deer doe and 1 week later got a nice whitetail doe. My boyfriend tells everyone that I'm a great hunting partner and that we have the same hunting style and outlook. Since then, I've hunted turkeys and pronghorn and started muzzloading. I got my 1st pronghorn last year and my 1st buck. The rancher who lets us hunt pronghorns on his land has said that I'm "more man" than most of the hunters out there. And that's a compliment. I am an ethical hunter and a safe one. Two years ago there was a grandfather, father and 3 teenagers(all boys) hunting for pronghorns and when they saw the herd, the teenagers started shooting before they got close enough and there were actually other hunters in the line of fire. I had a shot last year but saw there were other hunters beyond the pronghorn I was looking at so I didn't shoot. Safety First and know what's behind what you are shooting at. Those teenagers were not taught right and I would never hunt with anyone who wasn't an ethical and safe hunter. And yes some women are better shots and hunters than most men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM
ronn

women make better shooters. guys try to muscle a rifle and shooting is more mental more suited to females. archery as well. now hunting is different than shooting but.........
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM
B&C 160 Class

I agree women can be great hunters and are
Its just my wife that wont listen
Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbert View Post
I agree women can be great hunters and are
Its just my wife that wont listen
she must be related to mine. grin
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:08 AM
B&C 160 Class

In her words im no fun .. to hunt with
Old 08-21-2010, 08:59 AM
B&C 140 Class

most men speak before they think so dont worry about him. I like it when a woman is interested in hunting they are simaler to kids in that they are willing to learn, and most men just think they know what they are doing. NOW DONT ANY OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS it is just from my experence.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Scrub Buck

Dilbert.. I go by the rules... well sort of. I did the special soap and no make up but by the end of the day I HAD to put on lip gloss. But for the most part I think I do good for being a girlie girl.. He knows more than I (in this field)
Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Scrub Buck

Spiker.. I understand where your coming from. Us girls we can be a handful but its different if my guy was going to "deer camp" up-north then yea go with the buddies do your thing. I rather be out though with my guy and learning how to hunt then just being by myself.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 AM
B&C 160 Class

I still end up deer hunting with my wife at least once a year
She can walk out to a deer stand any time she wants by her self and have fun
Now if were duck hunting or dove hunting she is always welcome to come and have all the fun she wants
Her only rule then is not to shoot me
Old 08-22-2010, 08:43 AM

1st off welcome
from my experience women generally are equal or better hunter's
woman have better Patience, (usually from dealing with us men)
pay more attention to details & are steadier shooters.
my youngest daughter 12 started hunting last year well no luck but truly amazed me on how fast she picked up the sport & did everything I tough her to do. If my wife would hunt I would take her no problem. More Meat in the freezer thats the way I look at it Plus I enjoy going on hunts w/ people I never hunted with or taking someone WHO has never hunted themselves. No mater what gender race color age or whatever it is all about going out there & enjoying what god gave us & forgetting about the everyday garbage we all have to deal with. That all is forgotten when the camo's go on
So again welcome to the site & the sport go out & hunt with or without your boyfriend & Good luck