Vanilla? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

I can assure you that the Buck bomb works. I watched a nice buck follow the scent trail I laid down with it just a couple hours earlier. he followed it right up to the fuse in the tree. when it happens this year, I ll have it on video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
B&C 140 Class

I use scent everytime I enter the woods. They work consistantly every year for adding one more mount to my wall.
Have to admit that there was a big learning curve to know the what, where, and when---oh yea and how much. Rule of thumb is start with a little then build up to a lot at two weeks before the rut then taper down after the rut for 2/3 weeks then go right back to a lot for two weeks (2nd rut).
Old 06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
I use scent everytime I enter the woods. They work consistantly every year for adding one more mount to my wall.
Have to admit that there was a big learning curve to know the what, where, and when---oh yea and how much. Rule of thumb is start with a little then build up to a lot at two weeks before the rut then taper down after the rut for 2/3 weeks then go right back to a lot for two weeks (2nd rut).
He lives!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Default are you guys nuts try the scents first then post a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntr- View Post
I have been rethinking my scent tactics in the past few seasons also. I believe that estrus scents are over marketed and over stated for their success , at least in our area due to the lack of buck to doe ratio. Even cover scents are being rethought. Go back to the basics and stay as scent free as possible and play the wind. Bear hunting is a different story as far as curiosity scents go. Don't get me wrong , to each his own but I have seen more deer spooked by scents than drawn in by them.
it seams like you guys need to spend more time in the woods actually hunting then thinking your a hunter. Use the Vanilla and the deer will follow there noses to the stand simple
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 PM

wmi was born in the woods I think in 1850 and spends more time on deer than most of us combined so I wouldn't get his dandruff up. I like to use vanilla in my cakes, cookies and homemade ice cream. I prefer to use estrus scents during the rut.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
B&C 140 Class

i put out something different this year. i put out some bottles of soy sauce. dumped on the ground and the deer are hammering it. to my surprise. they have a hole dug out about 4' in diameter and about 1' deep. i know because it is salty, just figured there was to much other stuff in it. but hey it works. lol
Old 11-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Scrub Buck

I have tryed the new sent VS1 and have no luck they say it wont wash away. It wont. But the smell goes in 2 to 3 Hrs. Not worth the money!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 AM
B&C 180 Class

I had a buck bomb (doe estrous) can lock up on me again. Over half the can was unused. Not sure what's going on, but I don't like paying $8 for a 5oz can and then having it stop working mid-way through. The first one I bought the nozzle locked down and sprayed the WHOLE can out prematurely for me. Brought in some does, but that's it. not sure if I'll go back to this arrosal can or not.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
I had a buck bomb (doe estrous) can lock up on me again. Over half the can was unused. Not sure what's going on, but I don't like paying $8 for a 5oz can and then having it stop working mid-way through. The first one I bought the nozzle locked down and sprayed the WHOLE can out prematurely for me. Brought in some does, but that's it. not sure if I'll go back to this arrosal can or not.
I had the same thing happen to me. I thought it was a bad shipment to Wal-Mart so I bought from another store. The same thing happened. Top sticks open, not to good when you in an enclosed stand.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
B&C 180 Class

Yeah, I'm hoping they tinker with the can and fix the problem, or else they are going to start losing customers.