Deer Hunting Forums banner

getting ready for deer 2010

8K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  Predator 
#1 ·
I was at the range last Saturday trying to get some more quality shooting time in and had some unusual company with me. Finally got my son to go shooting. as a matter of fact it was pretty much his first time shooting any bow much less a 60# compound bow. He did really good too, much better than I expected. I have him practicing with my firestorm lite till we can find him his own bow. I found a nice field point target that I am considering picking up. Its a Morrel professional grade target. Incredibly, it weighs about 50lbs. but is is massive and should last a real long time. I have about 2 months to get him shooting consistently well for qualification to hunt the conservation district this year and a good quality target around the house would be great. it takes about 45 min to get to the range vs pulling the target out and taking a few shots all in the time it would take to get the bow cases together.

#34 · (Edited)
"Rut forecasting is not an exact science as indicated by last year's events across the country"

I know, just looking to add psychological advantages where ever possible.

#35 ·
I just found out thursday that they had a guy a few years ago that attempted to qualify with a crossbow. he used 2 attempts and failed to even hit the target. 2 attempts equals 10 bolts.

#36 ·
been getting some good practice time in. I got him sighted in from PB to 40 yds and have had him shoot from kneeling at 20. still dont know how he'll do from an elevated platform, time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.