What hunting Has turned Into - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:28 AM
B&C 100 Class

Unhappy What hunting Has turned Into

In my opinion hunting has changed into a money maker because of all these un needed things such as expensive guns and other high tech things when all you need is a weapon , calls and camo, throw in a tree stand maybe and you are set. todays hunting is sometimes sickening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Scrub Buck

These gadjets (so called needed) may be nice but do we really need them? I think not, the old tried and true methods still work fine, the more basic and back to the old ways give me more satisfaction then all the hi-tech gadgets that you can get. I much prefer to hand kraft most of my things I carry in the bush. I'm lucky every year and have a ball the rest of the year, trying to think up what I can make during the rest of the year when not hunting. Hunting does not need to cost a fortune. just my 2 cents
Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 PM
B&C 180 Class

hunting does not need to cost a fortune and wisconsinhotty what do you need camo, calls and a tree stand for ?rub dirt on your face wear regular work cloths and ground hunt.You use them because they make the hunt more enjoyable,so do all the other "gadgets" dont buy em if dont like em but dont knock em either.Just cuz you hunt a different way than someone else doent make your way the best we all need to stick together in the face of all the antihunting pressure
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM

yeah i find myself looking at hunting and wish it were more like the old days sometimes. but then ill be the first to buy a new gun or some new camo or something like that. i just like that kind of stuff. you are right when you say hunting does not have to cost a fortune. it takes very little money to start if you just want to go get in the woods and shoot a deer. and joel your right us hunters do need to stick together because of all these anti-hunting groups we have running around these days. the hunting that makes me sick is still not considered hunting in my book. and that is those web sites where you buy your deer from the high fence ranch and then book the hunt to go shoot it. thats my one gripe. sorry but i had to spit that one out there. to me thats not considered hunting but killing.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 PM
B&C 140 Class

Up until a few years ago I was still shooting the same bow I bought back in 1988 and it worked just fine, untill now.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM
B&C 100 Class

i totally am for spending extra money on a hobby or lifestyle but i am not all for maxing out credit cards and going totally broke..... and of course we need to stick together because hunting is what it think makes america.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
B&C 140 Class

you are absolutly right, where else in the world can you go and leagally own a firearm or go hunting anytime you want?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
B&C 100 Class

well there is the middle east where kids are born with AK 47's in there arms...but it isnt hunting for animals if you get my drift
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
B&C 180 Class

ya got a point
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM

sad but true wisconsin