What hunting Has turned Into - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
B&C 180 Class

you can also use the pads with adhesive on them for the soles of your boots to spread scent while walking
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

The last few years I've been lucky enough to go on some exotic hunts through my job to some very nice ranchs with very nice lodges and such and they have been great fun.I've spent my whole life that I can remember going hunting thanks to my dad.Right now today I get the most enjoyment hitting the open woods(national forrests) with nothing but my shotgun and my trusty ole compass.Getting a wary deer hunting on his terms is the most satisfying feeling I can think of ever having.Thats about as cheap as the sport can get.This year I'm venturing into the sport of bowhunting.I purchased my bow on e-bay for $51 shipped to me.Spent about another $150 on accesseries and I'm ready to try it.That seemed reasonable to me also and gives me another whole month in the woods doing what I love.It will be a lot cheaper next year-maybe a few arrows and another target.The price of hunting license and all the tags (they come up with more every year ti seems) is kinda high but affordable for being my hobby of choice.If I couldn't get on the water or into the woods on a regular basis I think I'd lose my mind.But maybe I already have.LOL
Rock
Old 08-02-2007, 12:35 AM
B&C 180 Class

the woods/water has the power to soothe the soul
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 08-18-2007, 02:31 PM
B&C 100 Class

and i think deer hunting is too much about the antlers...people do crazy things just for aset of antlers
Old 08-23-2007, 11:10 AM

I don't think all "NEW" hunting things are necessarily gadgets..
A good example might be,,, a person that can't walk for great distances or stalk may opt for a treestand to increase his or HER odds.. I personally don't want to use a treestand because I don't like the feeling of being confined to just one tree or one hunting area...

Everything manufactured solely for the purpose of hunting has a use and a user, just because it's made doesn't mean we ALL need it.
When I see something new for hunting that might be considered a manufactured gadget, I start trying to analyze why they made it and who was it targeted for..... Maybe it was designed for someone that's handicapped or physically challenged in some way.. PERSONALLY, I'm still waiting for them NEW "Round The Corner Arrows" those are the ones that allow you to shoot that Deer thats standing just around that big ole Oak tree and refuses to come into the "ZONE" NOW that's what i'm waitin on.... LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 06:34 PM

never thought of that bruce. whip up that design for them arrows and i will partner with you. i know there is a market out there for that kind of thing.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 AM

I'll get right to the drawing board.. Soon as I get it all drawn up and calculated i'll look you up on waitinforever.com

:-D
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Scrub Buck

In Georgia we have voted and made hunting a right. So hopefully my daughter will enjoy it like I have
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Scrub Buck

hello, i'm for all of it ,old and new. thank goodness for some of the new easy care cold weather stuff and my old 788 rem still does a heck of a job. i flip flop between the latest and greatest and if it ain't broke don't fix it. that's what is great about it- we can have it all. new stuff is like packing for a trip ,it's half the fun. there is a comfort in tried and true. it all works if your having fun --------good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Scrub Buck

this is the best country in the world!