Deer Hunting Forums banner

What hunting Has turned Into

9K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
In my opinion hunting has changed into a money maker because of all these un needed things such as expensive guns and other high tech things when all you need is a weapon , calls and camo, throw in a tree stand maybe and you are set. todays hunting is sometimes sickening.

#29 ·
hello, i'm for all of it ,old and new. thank goodness for some of the new easy care cold weather stuff and my old 788 rem still does a heck of a job. i flip flop between the latest and greatest and if it ain't broke don't fix it. that's what is great about it- we can have it all. new stuff is like packing for a trip ,it's half the fun. there is a comfort in tried and true. it all works if your having fun --------good luck.

#31 ·
hello, i'm for all of it ,old and new. thank goodness for some of the new easy care cold weather stuff and my old 788 rem still does a heck of a job. i flip flop between the latest and greatest and if it ain't broke don't fix it. that's what is great about it- we can have it all. new stuff is like packing for a trip ,it's half the fun. there is a comfort in tried and true. it all works if your having fun --------good luck.

aint broke dont fix it....amen brother!! thats my outlook on life!

#32 ·
I see your point. i'm 30 yrs. old and I remember when I was much younger climbing a big tree in the woods and sitting on a big branch for hours or climbing a highspot and setting above some open country hoping for a shot. But today I'll admit to falling into the "extreme" category because I see all of the new items and tricks at the sports shop and sometimes put myself in the poor house trying to "guarantee a sure shot in the field" but even with the highest and best things out there anyone can still get skunked. It's happened to me many times (mostly because of coyotes). Technology and research keep throwing it out there and we keep grabbing it up although to me I can't really come close to keeping up with the times and I'm pretty basic. But I do go crazy on scent control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.