last weekend - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:39 PM
ronn

Default last weekend

its the last weekend for rifle in nh. i'll be out there. good hunting
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
B&C 180 Class

good luck rifle in NY goes till the 13th then late bow or muzzleloader till the 22nd hope ya get one what kind of tags ya still got?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
ronn

thanks joel. i got all of them. buck only with the rifle and bow is 2 bucks or a buck and a doe.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 AM

the end of season stinks..

Good luck on these final days..
Old 12-05-2009, 01:50 AM
B&C 160 Class

looks like we are going to have some snow tomorrow. that should help. if i can im gona try to make it out for these last two days.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:17 AM
ronn

sat this morning saw nothing. headed back in a bit. wanted to see what was on the cameras to help with a stand choice and see if the boy wanted to go out. well the cameras were no help and the boy is with his girl friend. a fox, a fisher, and dinner aka snowshoe hare on the camera. can't decide to sit where i can see the acorns or in the thick on the edge of them. think the edge.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
B&C 100 Class

I sat in the cold rain yesterday evening and saw nothing. The Frogg Toggs kept me dry but I wouldnt want to get hung up in a brier patch with em. I drew a dog hunt quota that starts in 2 weeks. Our season lasts till Jan 17 th, but in my experience declines dramatically after November is gone. I really hate hunting in rain and will sit today out at home. The noise of the rain makes visual sighting more important and thats more tiring with the feeling of driving all day. You dont do squat but are still tired.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
B&C 180 Class

rain moved in here supposed to be snowing further north i will sit today out and get after it tomorrow ,the new snow should make for good hunting,finally getting excited
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
ronn

cold normally has them thinking about food and snow normally makes them bouncy. i did see a deer just as the snow got going good. a spike or 3 not sure, all i know is it didn't have much on top so he got a pass. he should be thankful i got meat in the freezer.

it should be a good hunt for ya. here's hopin
Old 12-06-2009, 09:28 AM
ronn

thats it i'm done. rifle ends today and bow the 15th. unless i get a wild hair i'm done this year. not a bad season for nh. missed a 6 point with the bow and passed a 3 with the rifle. good thing i got to go to pa. sep 15th to today and 2 opportunities, yup i'm in nh.

now the wife is trilled i'm gettin rid of the hunting stuff thats all over the place. time to silicone the snowshoes and scout for next year doing some trail cam stuff.

Last edited by ronn; 12-06-2009 at 09:46 AM.