had a plan - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
ronn

Default had a plan

i had planed on hunting today but that darn working...had to deal with that this morning but now its a shower and the trees.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Good luck on the evening hunt. I had a plan last week as well. But after a night of the fever and trots I just couldnt make it. They say plans are made for changing, I just wish it was not always the changing "AWAY" from hunting plans but the changing "TO".
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
B&C 100 Class

I got to change plans yesterday. Slow day at work yesterday so I burned that last 4 hours of vacation and headed TO.

Saw a big old cow doe, but I got 4 of those in the freezer so I Just watched her and waited on daddy. Will take another doe next week if he doesn't show up.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:18 PM
ronn

got to sit this afternoon. nice out there. had a small bear goofing around me in the acorns. it was neat
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
B&C 100 Class

Thats one reason I usually hunt alone. Plans can change. To me its pure freedom out there alone. If theres an agenda with another hunter some of the freedom is gone.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 AM
B&C 100 Class

i agree to an exent stairman but at the same time if i am gonna take anyone hunting its usually someone that i am very close to and would almost consider family hunting is also my getaway but just to enjoy the hunt with a friend sometimes is worth it all. i have a friend that i am taking on a bowhunt this weekend he always hunts public land and i am taking him on my private land and setting him on the best stand i got its a funnel by a creek crossing that forces deer to move there they feed on one side and bed down on the other its a great stand. plus he is going overseas and wont get to hunt except for this weekend and next.
Jesus Said "come with me and i will make you fishers of men" matt 4:19
Old 12-03-2009, 07:26 AM
B&C 100 Class

Soldier there are always exceptions. I have killed alot of deer and get more enjoyment seeing a family member get one but most are out of state so thats rare. My daughter never got a shot at one but if I had a doe tag she might have. Her fiance hasent killed one and wants to hunt but is working out of state right now as well. The wife cant kill Bambi and as far as friends go, Ive written off most thru the years and the few that care to hunt aint going with me to see my spots so Im the lonely guy in the tree once more.