Thanks to all helpers makin progress. 1 more Q. - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Thanks to all helpers makin progress. 1 more Q.

Hey, thanks to all that have given me tips over the past few days. This is my 3rd season hunting and up until this morning I had never seen a deer while hunting. But I used the wind to still hunt and jumped 4 DOES IN 2 HOURS!! The first I could of shot but being the first seen while hunting I didn't recognize her as a deer. In this area there are several patches of pines and hardwoods I know that it is good to hunt where these meet but which one should I hunt because of all the patches? the first patch I found was where I saw the first doe she was eating acorns right next to the pines. I wont be able to hunt again for a week and a half but next time I can should I hunt where I saw her or did me spooking her scare her off for good? I got within about 25 yards of her before i saw the white tail and she was off. I havent even got one yet but boy did my heart pound when I saw her. any more tips I can get would be awsome thanks again guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
ronn

hunt it again. if the wind was right it ain't as bad as if she got your wind as well.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Scrub Buck

she didnt... just walked up on her. She didn't bolt right away. She lifted her head waited 3 seconds and the took off. Very exciting if I do say so myself. Also will she be their at dusk?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 AM
ronn

maybe. its REAL hard to say what will happen next even if you know the land and i don't. there may be other areas to feed prior to any place they may go after dark. it depends on the woods. small woods are a little easier to pattern, big woods not so. typically its morning there and evening elsewhere, oh 60% of the time. just my opinion
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote