what is hunting to you - Deer Hunting Forums
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

View Poll Results: what is hunting to you?
tradition, heritage 6 40.00%
sport 1 6.67%
pass time 1 6.67%
management tool 0 0%
life style 1 6.67%
just who/what you are, a hunter. not what you do. 4 26.67%
just groceries, food 0 0%
your time to commune with nature 2 13.33%
because its "manly" 0 0%
just hate deer, like shooting stuff 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 06:44 PM
ronn

what is hunting to you

there are many reasons people hunt. what is yours? i have many but it is just what i am.

Last edited by ronn; 11-12-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
B&C 140 Class

"To watch the sunrise, to hear the woods come to life on a crisp autumn morning. Hunting inspires my innermost senses, It's my connection to nature, to GOD, and to my family and friends."

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Hunting takes me back to a time long ago. I love the chess game of rut hunting bucks. Hunting on stand is my time and I don't have to share it. I also love the early morning woods awakening. I have always said Nature is God's greatest acheivement, we were just an after thought.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
B&C 160 Class

you know this is probably one of the hardest questions to answer that i have been asked in quite a wile. first though is to fill the freezer, but there are all these spesalty meet shops were you can just buy venisen. next thought is i feel closer to god when im in the woods. i pray more when im in the woods than every were elce combined. but i dont need to be hunting to be in the woods. i do realy like the tranquility of the sunrize, but again i dont need to be hunting to enjoy a sunrize. then there is the preserving taditions wich is important to me, but if that was the case i would only hunt when my son could go to. but i go by my self alot. i gess the only reason is cause i like to. it is part of who i am.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
taz
Scrub Buck

i cant pick just one , foremost i like meat when not to gamey , second there is an adrenaline rush , three it gives a sense of acompishment , that is why i started with a bow this year its not as easy as i thought it would be , fourth it does control the population as here in iowa you see way to many hit by cars , fifth they tear up the corn crop on my property and others . i will admit it is a sport but i dont go out shooting at everyrthing , i dont hunt pheasant or duck simply because i dont like how they taste.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
ronn

yea its a tough question to answer with just one. I too am a blend of several but it forced me to get to the core.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 08:47 PM
B&C 160 Class

im realy glad you asked this question. it did force me to get to the core as well. its just who i am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode