What defines you as a Hunter? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:17 AM
B&C 100 Class

I guess what defines me as a hunter is always learning from my mistakes and trying to be the safest hunter that I can. My number one mistake is rushing the shot. I always miss a close up shot before a long shot it seems because I get excited and rush. If I can remember B.R.A.S. (breathe relax aim squeeze), good things happen.

Aside from that I just like being outside and hitting the stand by myself. The days that I don't even take a shot are some of the days that I learn the most.
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Scrub Buck

What defines me as a hunter is that i can never get sick of being out in the woods waiting for the right moment to come. The day i dont get excited to be out in the woods hunting is the day i quit! I like how no matter how old you are you will never really know what works and where to go. Deer move and your not guarenteed to get a deer every day out there. You may know tricks and what usually works but every day, every minute is different from the last. Some people have great luck and know what works for them, but i love not knowing what will walk up on me next or what new moment i will experiance and remember it for the rest of my life.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Scrub Buck

Default what defines me as a hunter

first of all i love the outdoors hunting,fishing,camping,boating etc but i love deer hunting with my muzzleloader and i want to go elk hunting with it
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 PM
ronn

I think it, a definition, can be different from each hunter. Being a hunter from the time i can remember its just who i am. my wife says she's going to bury me in camo and with a rifle. i tell her she's being a bit presumptuous. grin
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Scrub Buck

Great question, tough to answer. I believe the good lord installed into all of us the ability and gifts needed to provide for our families. Though in todays age, many have lost sight of what we have been given, and without use the instincts fade. What makes me a hunter? The urge to provide, the need to succeed, and a genuine desire to appreciate all that was created in this world for us to enjoy.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Bowhunter

I have to say that I am above all else a Bowhunter. I love the fact that I am participating in something that has been done for millions of years. I love the extra challenge of having to get close to outsmart that big ol buck.

Also, I believe being part of the world and enjoying it is the meaning of life. You see things people pass by every day. You learn that the animals you hunt have an intelligence, they have a personality, and it is just neat to realize that life has soooooo many forms. Technology is something we have made for us to enjoy, but (for me at least) nature (mountains, valleys, streams, rivers, wildlife, etc) is what God made for us and wants us to be a part of and enjoy.

I actually have two more years before I get my degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Management at the University of Tennessee and every day in class I realize how fun life can be with that degree rather than being couped up in a office all day