chat? - Deer Hunting Forums
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

chat?

i think we should make a chat room on here that you can just sign into so we can chat all together
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 05:51 PM
B&C 160 Class

there are pros and cons to doing chat. pros are that it makes it easyer to talk to other members. but one of the big cons for a small web site like this is that if all your members are talking to echother in the chat room it drasticly reduces the number of post made by members, making the site look inactive to potentioal new members.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 PM
B&C 100 Class

My problem is that I never had typing in school and I don't need to at work, so it would be hard for me to get a word in edgewise. Posting on this site is the most typing I have done in my life. I'm starting to get the hang of it though, only took me about 5 minutes to type this.
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
B&C 100 Class

I use to work for AT&T back in the day(unfortunately) so I picked up typing along the way. However my sister is a hunts and pecks and she is almost as fast as me.

I wonder kind of effort it would take to start up a chat room or if the guys running the site are in the least bit interested? One thing for sure, I bet if there was one, it would sure be hopping during deer season.

Posting via forums is fantastic on this site since everyone seems so knowlegable and responds so quickly. I personally have never had to wait more than a day for a response to any of my comments or threads.

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some from of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:11 AM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta mi dlv View Post
My problem is that I never had typing in school and I don't need to at work, so it would be hard for me to get a word in edgewise. Posting on this site is the most typing I have done in my life. I'm starting to get the hang of it though, only took me about 5 minutes to type this.
Me Too! My opinion is don't fix or change what TAINT broke. Besides I do not think my poor finger could handle it. LOL
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 01:59 PM
B&C 100 Class

It's a big no from me to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode