deer in my garden - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 AM

Default deer in my garden

yep i live smack dab in the middle of the city limits. (unfortunately) they were bedded down right behind my chain link fence and proceeded to walk all around my garden checking out what good eats i had for them. surprisingly enough they did not mess with any of it. guess there waiting for the garden to mature a little bit. i thought for sure the lettuce would be trampled and ate but they just walked all around and left it alone. i guess romaine lettuce aint a good idea for a food plot. they did not even bother the fresh tender corn that just popped out of the ground a couple days ago. must a not been hungry. my wife wanted me to close the gate so they did not eat everything but i like watching how they act. plus if they wanted the garden food, a 4 foot fence wont slow them down a bit. i might even see how brave they will be and see if i can draw them around with my doe bleat. as long as they leave my okra, squash and maters alone we want have no problems.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM
B&C 120 Class

Theft of property ='s grounds for shooting.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
B&C 180 Class

sounds cool.with more urban sprawl than ever the critters got to find new places to live.they must know they cant be hunted
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 05-10-2007, 06:50 PM

them deer been back. wore out my corn. ill catch them yet.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:53 PM
B&C 180 Class

they'll eat everything
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Scrub Buck

Default hair

have hear (dont know if it is true) if you put human hair around the garden it will keep the critters out. old friend of mine useta get it from the barber shops. said it worked for him.