Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ammo Availability in your area?

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how easy or hard it is to get ammo in your area. I recently purchased a .308 and so far the only ammo I have seen is two boxes of Winchester 180 grain and a few boxes of Remington Core-Lokt 180 grain. I looked in one Wal-mart in my area, it had a mere one box of .204 Ruger and 3 boxes of .30-06. I was wondering how ammo is in your local area.

#6 ·
I don't get it. I can understand buying up a few boxes of ammo to have around, but who is buying all of the ammo? The guys at Sportsman's warehouse say people are lined up waiting on the truck to come an buy it buy the buggy load. They have now put a two box limit per customer and its still all gone.

Is there something going on I need to know about?:ph34r:

#7 ·
OBAMA!!!!
don't even look for mil. rounds been looking for 762x39 can't even find a box gun & ammo sales are going through the roof my bro- inlaw works at Ruger and say's try are falling further behind every day just can't keep up with orders
got an SLP last fall took forever to get but I would hate to have to order any firearm right now

#11 ·
rumor has it that the manufactures have ramped up production for the miltary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.