Deer Hunting Forums banner

Northern Mass. and Southern NH

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
I was hoping to get some advice. I'm new to hunting, just took my hunters safety course, and have been reading your posts and trying to glean a few tips to make my first season successful. From what I've read so far scouting the terrain is the the biggest key. What I would like from the forum is: What are some tips on asking permission from private landowners and farmers.

#2 ·
Be yourself, be polite whether or not they let you hunt it, prove to them you are responsible ethical hunter, you will respcet their land & you will not hold them accountable if something happens that is not their fault ( most I have incountered their concern is being sued or people trashing their land) Oh & small gifts never hurt

#5 ·
the orchard then corn really are a tie then the pumpkin farm assuming your deer hunting.the time to ask is now in the summer just look around first and make sure they aint busy first.the crop comes first.you might want to offer to help around the place.i got a buddy that trades handyman services for access

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.