Camping - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
B&C 180 Class

Cool Camping

im going to camp out for opening week of turkey season this year.Ive been getting all my gear together,making sure everythings clean and works etc.It got me to thinking how many of you guys go camping anyone combine camping and hunting?The forums been a little slow so i thought i'd start a new topic.Lets hear from all of ya
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM
B&C 100 Class

i only call it camping if i am in a tent other wise i am at the cabin ot trailer but no matter how you cut it it is all good away from town and at peace
Old 04-24-2007, 03:18 PM
B&C 180 Class

thats where im gonna be just finished the waterproffing of the 3 man tent.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 AM
B&C 120 Class

I don't do a lot of camping anymore. Did it a lot as a teen, and once the hot dogs and marshmellows ran out I was ready to find a good mattress and pillow ;]

I've got a son growing up though. Almost a year old, and just yesterday he was about as heavy as a sack of sugar. I suspect i'll blink twice and he'll be asking me to take him camping ;]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 AM

love to camp! the last time i did was in muzzleloader season of 05. froze to death nearly. in a army tent in the middle of november. i like to camp more when the temp is just right for a campfire. a little chilly but not downright freezin. ill have to see if i can find some of my old camping pics and put some in here.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
B&C 140 Class

my wife and I camp all the time.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM

i must have erased those old campin pics. but here is 2 of the cabin we have on our lease. use of the cabin comes with the lease too so we can camp out here anytime we want. this baby is in the boondocks too.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 PM

again sorry about the size im just learning this whole resizing stuff
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 PM
B&C 180 Class

LOVE THAT CABINi had acess to a trailer that was customized into cabin splet 15 indoor plumbing shower full kitch ill have to dig out the pics had a shooting range,way in the boonies too you had to have a gun everywhere you went i LOVED IT
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
B&C 180 Class

my avitar is me on the range behind the cabin