Deer Hunting Forums banner

Camping

10K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  Spike 
#1 ·
im going to camp out for opening week of turkey season this year.Ive been getting all my gear together,making sure everythings clean and works etc.It got me to thinking how many of you guys go camping anyone combine camping and hunting?The forums been a little slow so i thought i'd start a new topic.Lets hear from all of ya:yes:

#3 ·
thats where im gonna be just finished the waterproffing of the 3 man tent.:thumbup:

#4 ·
I don't do a lot of camping anymore. Did it a lot as a teen, and once the hot dogs and marshmellows ran out I was ready to find a good mattress and pillow ;]

I've got a son growing up though. Almost a year old, and just yesterday he was about as heavy as a sack of sugar. I suspect i'll blink twice and he'll be asking me to take him camping ;]

#5 ·
love to camp! the last time i did was in muzzleloader season of 05. froze to death nearly. in a army tent in the middle of november. i like to camp more when the temp is just right for a campfire. a little chilly but not downright freezin. ill have to see if i can find some of my old camping pics and put some in here.

#9 ·
LOVE THAT CABINi had acess to a trailer that was customized into cabin splet 15 indoor plumbing shower full kitch ill have to dig out the pics had a shooting range,way in the boonies too you had to have a gun everywhere you went i LOVED IT

#10 ·
my avitar is me on the range behind the cabin:whistling:

#11 ·
we dont have a shower. full kitchen, generator and running water though. on the front view of the cabin where the new door is you can see the pvc running down from a spring on the mountain. (in the grass on the right side) we also got rats that like to run around in the ceiling.

#12 ·
we used to run the water down the mt from the spring dam porki pines kept eatin the hose we broke down and had a well dug.we got the mice olympics going on in the ceiling .hey ya cant blame em they know a good thing when they see it.the camp has been an on going project amongest the members for forty years thats why its so fancy:thumbup:

#13 ·
come on there is nothing like a old cabin with wood for heat lamps for light and a walk to the master out house. a life time of memories are made in places like that. back home in beacon had a old trapers cabin log that we redid the roof on and ***** in the logs the roof was made from old tin cans of differnt size was differnt to see the windows where just inside and outside shuters with a old blanket stuffed in between to keep the wind out was a fun place in my jr and sr high school years to stay to hunt or just head up mt beacon to stay a night or two the beds where a couple lage planks on top of old creats and a sleeping bag

#15 ·
thats roughing it.did you have to walk 20 miles uphill (both ways) in the snow to get to it?:shocking: :biggrin: :biggrin: :whistling:

#17 ·
im sure it was bill.thanks for being a good sport:thumbup:

#19 ·
your telling me ,my legs always hut after a long week of hunting

#21 ·
ya got that right its, worth the pain

#23 ·
ahhh the camp fire .the first tv,i wonder if they complained about there only being 1 channel:w00t:

#25 ·
amen can i get an amem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.