Camping - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 AM

we dont have a shower. full kitchen, generator and running water though. on the front view of the cabin where the new door is you can see the pvc running down from a spring on the mountain. (in the grass on the right side) we also got rats that like to run around in the ceiling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
B&C 180 Class

we used to run the water down the mt from the spring dam porki pines kept eatin the hose we broke down and had a well dug.we got the mice olympics going on in the ceiling .hey ya cant blame em they know a good thing when they see it.the camp has been an on going project amongest the members for forty years thats why its so fancy
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-28-2007, 05:35 AM
B&C 100 Class

come on there is nothing like a old cabin with wood for heat lamps for light and a walk to the master out house. a life time of memories are made in places like that. back home in beacon had a old trapers cabin log that we redid the roof on and chink in the logs the roof was made from old tin cans of differnt size was differnt to see the windows where just inside and outside shuters with a old blanket stuffed in between to keep the wind out was a fun place in my jr and sr high school years to stay to hunt or just head up mt beacon to stay a night or two the beds where a couple lage planks on top of old creats and a sleeping bag
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 AM

sounds like the good ol days bill
Old 04-28-2007, 08:32 PM
B&C 180 Class

thats roughing it.did you have to walk 20 miles uphill (both ways) in the snow to get to it?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-29-2007, 06:39 AM
B&C 100 Class

funny joel but that was one funn summer redoing that old cabbin over 20 years ago now
Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 AM
B&C 180 Class

im sure it was bill.thanks for being a good sport
Old 04-30-2007, 05:12 AM
B&C 100 Class

joe the way the hudson highlands are i can be up hill both ways up one down in to a little valley like thing and back up and down to get out lol
Old 05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
B&C 180 Class

your telling me ,my legs always hut after a long week of hunting
Old 05-07-2007, 05:18 AM
B&C 100 Class

but joel the views and land of the hudson highlands are some of the great spirts best work it inspered(sp) the whold huson vall art scholl movement in the 1800's