Nra - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 AM

Default Nra

When Obama attacks the 2nd amendment will the NRA be strong enough to defend our rights?

I don't think that's a risk any one of us that owns weapons should take.
I strongly urge Everyone to Join the NRA now.
If you own a weapon and haven't joined the NRA yet. Please Join.

It's no longer a matter of, "IF" Obama attacks our 2nd Amendment Rights, It's a matter of WHEN !!!

THERE'S NEVER BEEN A MORE IMPORTANT TIME FOR YOU TO JOIN THE NRA.
JOIN or RENEW your NRA membership A.S.A.P. Don't wait any longer

CLICK HERE to join now or Call 1-877-NRA-2000

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 01-17-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM

I used to be a strong member and then when crazy politics got in the way of sound thinking i dropped my membership. I will due to the current crisis rethink my position.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
B&C 140 Class

Hunting Man, I thought I was the only guy here who has been disillusioned and, perhaps, even disappointed by the NRA. I am still a member and probably joined way before most of the guys on this site were even born. I remember the days when the NRA was a very positive organization devoted to gun sports, but over the years, it's gotten way too political, big business oriented, and negative for me too. I've been quiet about these feelings in the past, but maybe it's time for a little sincere perspective and some critical thinking to get aired here. I'm not looking to start any arguments, like I said, I'm still a member, but if good Americans have a duty to criticize their government when they think it necessary, then perhaps as good NRA members, we should be doing the same thing with our organization. Final words on this subject from Onehorse: JOIN the NRA, but don't swallow all their claptrap.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 AM
ronn

I've been a member, then not, then again, then not, now again, for some of these same reasons plus a couple. here's the thing. you've got to fight fire with fire sometimes. these anti gun groups are lawyer-ed up very well, they are very vocal, and have lots of money, along with a bunch of big mouth ignorant people spouting the bogus horrors of guns and hunting pushing Washington to go the way of other countries and ban all guns. I don't believe its too political. I believe, its all political. its a tough thing to get a real good handle on because i disagree with the whole concept of special interests in Washington but there needs to be someone fighting for the Constitution if those elected won't. Sadly, like most things, such as unions or political parties, i think they are fighting more for their self interests/preservation than ours interests.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 AM

I encourage membership because the NRA is a major defender during the times we come under attack.
Don't think the NRA hasn't ruffled my feathers a few times over the years but now surely isn't the time
to create or promote seperation and battle amongst the ranks.
Now's the time to grow and Reunite, develop a stronger Defense, be prepared for what's to come.
We can't wait until the first shots are heard. WE already lost the first round battle, he is going to be sworn in.
Let's not lose the next battle.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
B&C 140 Class

Bruce I 100% agree. SCI is another group that is on the front lines. I don't know of anyone that agrees 100% with another BUT the grass roots are what matters. Bottom line is they are all we have and we need them as much as they need us. This is our wake up call and you need to make up your mind do you believe in the 2nd or not. If we loose it we only have ourselves to blame. Being an arm chair quarterback does not cut it anymore.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
B&C 180 Class

been a member for a long time.sometimes the repeated mailings and begging for money gets annoying but they do an excellent job at keeping the politicians in check and keeping gun owners informed.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky