Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hello!

4K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  RaginCajun89 
#1 ·
Newbie here to the group and hunting in general. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to fellow hunters.
I started hunting his season after bow season. I've gotten my 1st deer, a doe. The hunt didn't go as planned, but I was proud of it. I'm 34 years old and just started hunting and love it.
My family and I hunt at a deer camp in MS. Last weekend I missed a buck....first buck I'd ever seen in the wild. It was amazing to see him and I got in too much of a hurry and missed him....but he was the first deer of any kind I'd seen in 2 weeks of hunting and was proud to even see a deer that day.
I have a favorite place to hunt at deer camp called "The Garden"...it's a beautiful place, huge open green, and the shoot house sits on a hill above it. The very first time I hunted there was during youth hunt and I brought my 6 year old son, Caleb.
Immediately after we got there for evening hunt a deer came out of the woods and Caleb took aim and shot at it but missed. This was his first hunt and he was so disapointed, but later we found that my scope was off by 8 inches too high!:no: After that deer came out and he shot, we saw an additional 10 deer that one evening. He loved to just watch them...so we did until dark.
He wouldn't try and harvest any other of the deer that came out, he didn't want to and I didn't make him try.
I wish I'd have had a camera with me that evening.
We're going again this weekend....I hope we have good luck, I want a buck this time. :smile:

Good to meet everyone and happy hunting!

Shelly

See less See more
#2 ·
Greetings From Vermont...
Congratulations on your 1st deer and Welcome to the DeerHuntersClub.
Make sure you enter your Deer into the DeerHuntersClub Contest <- Click for details

#9 ·
Shelly, welcome to you and your son. I'm in Montana - a great place to hunt whitetail deer and about 8 other big game animals. This is a top notch forum for someone who is starting to hunt - lots of experienced hunters here who like to share their knowledge. Best of luck!

#10 ·
welcome to the campfire hope you stay around and join in the chat

#11 ·
Thanks for sharing your story Shelly. Glad that you are here. I am new to this site myself, but not new to deer hunting. I have hunted the swamps of SW Louisiana for some 35+ years and am truely addicted to deer hunting. Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning tips and techniques from the other deer hunting enthusiasts out there.

Ragin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.