Webmaster/site owner please read - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Webmaster/site owner please read

As a hunter i value other hunters opinions.could you make a forum just on product reviews.i recently purchased a scope before ronn told me about it.and i have to say that without ever firing a shot with this scope,i can tell it's going to be a problem.it would be nice to read reviews of other real hunters before you make a purchase.just a thought.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:57 PM
ronn

thats a pretty good idea tbig. sorry about the scope. hope i didn't plant the seed so now maybe you are over critical. like i said the older ones i have are great, the new one not so much.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
B&C 100 Class

No,you were right.mounted it.went to adjust the eyepeice and the rubber part came off in my hand.i know that's not that major,but that should not of happened.mailman had not been gone an hour. Not the same as the older ones were.the quality is just not there.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'll second that for you I think I would like to see a forum just on product reviews as well. I think it would be something we can all binefit from and have a place for all that kind of stuff without getting lost among the rest of the forums.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
B&C 100 Class

Just so everyone knows,and do not buy,simmons aetec (master series).it's now made in china.optics still look very clear,but quality is no longer there.i had 3 of the original aetec's and loved them.believe me they are not the same anymore.a review site on this website would be great.we are not paid endorsers,we are just real hunters and shooters who value other hunters opinions.we else can you find that.no where.thats why when i think of a new trail camera,i always go to chasingame.com.their reviews are real and unbiased.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:04 PM

It would be a good idea for a user report forum. Maybe the boss will consider it?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbighunter View Post
Just so everyone knows,and do not buy,simmons aetec (master series).it's now made in china.optics still look very clear,but quality is no longer there.i had 3 of the original aetec's and loved them.believe me they are not the same anymore.a review site on this website would be great.we are not paid endorsers,we are just real hunters and shooters who value other hunters opinions.we else can you find that.no where.thats why when i think of a new trail camera,i always go to chasingame.com.their reviews are real and unbiased.
I like the idea of reviews also, I think product reviews help all of us in one way or another But I gotta tell you If I were writing a review on the Simmons Aetec Series scopes I'd have to give them an A without hesitation.
Keeping in mind were talking about an entry level Simmons scope so you have to remember to consider Features & Quality vs. Price., It's different than say a review for a scope like the Leupold Competition scope which cost about a thousand bucks.
The Simmons Aetec features 1/4" MOA finger adjustable, the one piece tube construction has increased mounting area and is waterproof, shockproof and fogproof.
Add Simmons' new QTA Quick Target Acquisition eyepiece, which delivers a constant minimum 3.5 inches of eye relief and one of the most generous eye boxes in the industry, (perfect for shooters wearing Glasses) and you'll have the confidence to know that your AETEC will get the job done from shot to shot and season to season.
The Simmons Aetec line was the first to introduce aspherical lenses and the fully multi-coated optics feature the brightest and sharpest image available in its class and the truplex reticle is backed by a lifetime warranty. Considering the Aetecs sell for around 160 Dollars I'd say that's some really nice features for the money.
The Bottom line on your purchase is, If you're not happy with it I'm sure the seller will refund your money But you have to also keep in mind you won't find all those features in the other scope brands for the same price. Personally I would buy another Master series Aetec, just my opinion..