Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   oooooooooommmmmmmmggggggg (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/3197-oooooooooommmmmmmmggggggg.html)

dylanhutchinson 12-16-2008 04:59 PM

oooooooooommmmmmmmggggggg

i saw my first deer to day so i was going to take a shoot at it aimed right at hes hart i pull the tregger on my muzzleloader and i for got to put a primer in my go he ran i started crying beocoues only 12 years old

ronn 12-16-2008 05:39 PM

dylan don't feel bad. i know full grown man that have done the same thing. once during turkey i forgot to chamber a shell. fortunatly its a pump and quick to do. look at it this way, you're getting closer.

waggle 12-16-2008 07:39 PM

Hey little buddy its gonna be OK. Ive acually got to the woods and forgot to take my gun with me, pretty silly. Keep your head up and get back out there, you will get another chance!!!!

Beaux 12-16-2008 08:25 PM

Been there buddy. I once did the same thing with a rifle forgetting to put a bullet in it. Wasn't much older than you then. The biggest buck I had ever seen in the woods at that time and the gun just clicked. Should of seen the speed at which I put a bullet in the gun only to watch the deer run off. I could of cried. I never forgot to do that again, and I bet you wont forget to stick a primer on there from now on. You ll laugh about it before long.

buckfever 12-16-2008 08:34 PM

Hang in there little man. You had the deer in range. That's more than some folks older than you can say. You will get another chance.

gfdeputy2 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

Yes I have been there too I think everyone has a stoy to tell like yours I have done it w/ my muzzleloader so exited the first time pulled the trigger on a deer & POP just the primer never put a bullet or a charge in it
My brother did it with his bow he forgot to load an arrow (not true about my brother just hoped it made you feel a little better) Like everyone else has said at least you were close enough to have a chance at a shot if you are doing that then the shooting part is easy keep your chin up that is why it is called hunting & not killing

Beaux 12-16-2008 09:10 PM

My buddy actually did it with a bow but just while practicing. He drew back aimed and shot with no arrow at all it cracked the limb, threw the peep, messed up the sight, and messed up the cam. Didn't know they generated that much force but it did. I had alot of fun with it when he told me about it. It was on a brand new Matthews DXT also so it wasn't a cheap mistake.

joel the signman 12-16-2008 10:12 PM

dont worry pal happens to us all.i cant tell you how many times i forget to jack a round into the chamber,take off the sfety forget a primer,the list goes on.like someone else said be happy your tactics were solid and you at least saw the deer and got close to your enemy.The native American Indians used to call this counting coup :ph34r:

dylanhutchinson 12-17-2008 03:51 PM

thanks guys

10 point 12-17-2008 03:59 PM

It happens to the best of us I have been hunting ever since I could hold the gun up and I have forgot to chamber one and heard the dreaded click 2 or 3 times. This year I was muzzeloadin hunting and I didn't shoot caps after I cleaned it, got in a hurry tryin to go to the woods and forgot. Buckfever can remember a juvenile hunt when I left all my bullets and clothes at the house. So I had to wear that shrimps coveralls dug for 20 minutes and found a shell from the last year. So know I put my shells in my case when I go hunting. Even this year I went on a afternoon hunt I was a little late gettin to the woods so I was hurring I got all the way to my spot put my summit on the tree and then realized my gun was in the truck. lol. And the list goes on and on. Like everyone else said you will laugh about it later. But you can't give up you will get you one eventually. I am amazed at what huntin stories I can remember but when those teachers give me those quizzes I can't remember what they said yesterday.