Hunting Blinds - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
B&C 100 Class

Smile Hunting Blinds

I was just wondering if any of you guys use hunting blinds? I got one but never used it & was wondering do i need to put it in the area i'm gonna hunt for a day or two & let the deer get use to it or how exactly should i do it. Would love to hear from you fellow hunters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 PM
B&C 100 Class

Is this private land or public? If private, try to set them up a few weeks before they are hunted. Whatever you do it is VERY important to do your best to make the blind blend into its natural surroundings. Lay brush, twigs, logs, weeds and whatever makes up the surroundings. But sometimes that doesn't happen. U may find some nice tracks, see a big buck or any other good activity and only have time to put up blind and hunt it. Either way try not to leave any scent around the blind. I love hunting out of my pop-ups during late season muzzy over cut bean and corn fields. It is alwys pretty effective.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
B&C 100 Class

The rifle blind that I used out on the lease stuck out like a sore thumb, its a big black cube sitting up about 10 feet or so. ITs been there for about 3-4 years or so, so the deer ignore it.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM
B&C 100 Class

If you are hunting on public land during a firearm season, you may want to forego a ground blind. I would suggest you not ground hunt at all if you are hunting on public land during a firearm season. Your chance of being accidentally shot by another hunter is less if you have a properly placed tree stand or tower. Be sure to use a properly fitted safety harness and do not climb with a loaded firearm.