whitetail hunting on marshlands - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Scrub Buck

Default whitetail hunting on marshlands

i live on the lower eastern shore of maryland (deal island, a very small rural town that is bordered by the tangier sound, closest supermarket and fast food resturant is 30 min away) and much of the terrain here is marshland.. the deer pretty much have free roam around being as tho theres no housing developments or stores , etc to confine them to certain areas, theres always an area of marsh they could travel that would let them make thier way around the whole island this makes it very difficult to hunt these deer. there are some lighly pined areas and thickets made of water bushes throughout the marsh and i try to hunt these areas, there are lots of sign but when u go to hunt them alot of times i see nothing.... i know my scent isnt really an issue..the cpl deer i have killed i have been sitting on a bucket and shot them from about 30 yards away. has anyone here had any experience hunting on marshlands or know any tips that could help me see more deer due to my situation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Scrub Buck

to add a lil more the rut is def the best time to see more deer without a doubt but thats a no brainer, the rut ended a couple weeks ago and hunting deer on the post rut here now will make u pull your hair out..ive been hunting morning and evenings for the past week and have only seen a small fawn and a doe at edge of dark that i couldnt get a clean shot on from about 40 yards
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 AM
B&C 140 Class

I'm from Maryland and know the area well. Send me a PM and I will see if I can help you out.