Scent question - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:42 PM
ronn

i use to think it was luck but there is that phrase "make your own luck" actually i think its the title to a hunting video by Roger Raglin, another OK boy and one serious deer hunter.
work can be fun and working hard at deer hunting has super highs and super lows. There is a saying i use all the time " its your little red wagon. you can push it, you can pull it, or you can let it sit there and rust. you will only get out of it what you put into it." don't know who said it but I'd like to thank him or her. I try to keep it in mind in everything I do.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Ronn never heard that one before but its a good one! When you talk about the highs and lows of hunting, for me the only low I have is not having my brother to hunt with. The rest of hunting is all highs. Even when that big 8 walks away without a shot, its still a big high because its like chess, sometimes you win and sometimes you get checkmated. Its all a game and having fun is all that matters for me.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:59 PM
B&C 100 Class

Roger Raglin came to muskogee a couple months ago and gave his testimony at one of our local churches, (It was very moving) and he also talked alot about deer hunting and scent control was a big topic for him! You guys have talked me into going the extreme. Im so ready to shoot a giant. Ive shot some nice bucks (120-125 class) but i want that 150-170...I need to invest in rubber boots, dress when i get there,dont hunt inless the wind is right, things like that, and maybe it will pay off. With a little LUCK...lol. Thanks
Old 11-28-2008, 04:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

One more thing waggle....Listen to WMI....grins. No kidding, (at the risk of enlarging his head) he's made a big difference in my hunting. I may not be as serious as he is, but that's ok, he's helped me improve a bunch and it's only gonna get better. And hunting man, I'm still having fun......... We can all learn from each other. I never discount what someone says if I haven't tried it, and will try it most of the time..........