Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Tail wagger??? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/3001-tail-wagger.html)

ARKANSAS WHITETAILER 11-26-2008 12:35 AM

Tail wagger???

I had a few minutes of boredom here at work and was sifting through patents of people's deer hunting ideas and came across a tail-wagger. The tail-wagger was later picked up by Come alive decoy company. I was just wondering if any of you had used one and if it worked. If your like me and had never seen such, check out tail-wagger.com. They make one for predators that looks believable enough but I ain't to sure about the deer butt version.

countryboy 12-01-2008 10:54 PM

I have never seen this used for deer, and I am more than a little skeptical. However, several years ago, I saw a hunting episode where a similar product was used for a predator. They cautioned that the motorized/remote control device was not legal in all states.

The following can work well on a breezy/windy day for a predator, but check to make sure it too is legal in your area. Take a white cloth and anchor one end with a stake, rock or clump of dirt. Use a rabbit in distress call to see if you can call in a predator.

If more deer hunters would help to control the coyote population, you will find yourself in higher regard with the farmers, ranchers and property owners who own animals. Be sure to get permission and pick up your spent shells/casings. If you take one, let the farmers and ranchers in the area know (drive in and show them).

Coyotes love calves, colts, sheep, poultry, water foul, cats and dogs. We had a neighbor who had a coyote laying on the back of one of its livestock that was standing and about to give birth. He shot the coyote on the spot. Not that long ago, my dad shot one with a 357 mag that was between two groups of cattle. After he went down, each of the cattle checked out the coyote. The dominant bull was the first, and they went down the heirachy ending with the calves.

wmi 12-02-2008 05:58 AM

I saw a woman that had one of those and it worked for me! Great Product!LOL:biggrin:

joel the signman 12-02-2008 03:21 PM

one of the writers i like Peter Fidducia actually uses a deer tail and some doe in heat scent and fishing line to create a flicking doe tail.:wacko:

wmi 12-02-2008 03:58 PM

Joel I have seen it done an darned if it doesn't work well.

joel the signman 12-02-2008 04:06 PM

im temted to try it but afraid some idgit will shoot in my direction:ph34r:

timberghost 12-02-2008 04:16 PM

I've seen P. Fiduccias older decoy. A doe butt and a doe head mount that he used with great results.

ARKANSAS WHITETAILER 12-02-2008 06:22 PM

If setup right I believe it would work. I'm kinda like Joel though, I'm not sure I would try it on public land for fear of unsure shots coming into the area. Oh yeah wmi, I met one like that myself and we been married 10 years today.:biggrin:

BruceBruce1959 12-02-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARKANSAS WHITETAILER (Post 22765)
I met one like that myself and we been married 10 years today.:biggrin:

Happy Anniversary !! Best wishes for many more...

Id0ntlikeyou 12-02-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARKANSAS WHITETAILER (Post 22765)
Oh yeah wmi, I met one like that myself and we been married 10 years today.:biggrin:

Happy anniversary!! 10 years? Thanks for letting me know you live that long after marraige. I was worried for my health.:biggrin: