heated clothes - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
ronn

I think its quite enough. Had deer bear turkey with in a few yards and was able to draw a bow on them. Like I said I think the remington stuff I have is made by articsheild but I could be wrong. I know what I have works for me along with good under clothes.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 PM
B&C 140 Class

Not that quiet but I don't seem to have any problems as you have seen. Found a trick that works good is one of those fluff rings that you put in the drier. I use to use big super balls but the ring works better. The down side is you have to listen to it for an hour.LOL But it does a great job. Cabelas or Bass Pro has them for about the same price. 213 for the parka and 199 for the bibs.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:39 PM
B&C 100 Class

go with the heater and blind :D me and my dad do that when we dont stand hunt and its amazing :D u can sit in there with short sleeve shirt on if u have a good heater.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

I have that vest your looking at and for 2 years now it has continued to work with no problem. I use mine while riding my Harley during the Winter months to break off a bit of the 75-80 mph wind chill. These types things can be expensive but what ever your price range is just make sure it has an adjustable heat setting. What may be warm to you might feel scolding to me and so forth. If he still moves around good in the cold just over insulate a box stand and invest in some quite sliding windows. There are many options for comfort but like you say it will have to meet his approval personally or it could wind up being a waste of effort.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 PM
B&C 100 Class

Be careful with a heater in a portable blind. Most if not all are NOT flame resistant. If you are going to have one of these, I suggest you also have a good fire extinguisher! Get excited and tip it over on the blind or some dry vegitation and you could have yourself one big fire. Good way to lose your hunting privileges and have a very big bill to pay. If you smoke, please do the land owners and wildlife a big favor - smoke before and after the hunt. We had several acres burned by a hunter who dropped his smoke.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKANSAS WHITETAILER View Post
I have that vest your looking at and for 2 years now it has continued to work with no problem. I use mine while riding my Harley during the Winter months to break off a bit of the 75-80 mph wind chill. These types things can be expensive but what ever your price range is just make sure it has an adjustable heat setting. What may be warm to you might feel scolding to me and so forth. If he still moves around good in the cold just over insulate a box stand and invest in some quite sliding windows. There are many options for comfort but like you say it will have to meet his approval personally or it could wind up being a waste of effort.
awesome, thanks for the information. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was concerned how it might hold up over time. Do you know if replacement/extra batteries can be purchased?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:46 PM
B&C 100 Class

That particular vest is made by activheat. They have their own website you can order from. The one you are looking at from brookstone has a awfully small battery pack for 5 hours. My battery pack is larger but I believe was advertised for 10 hours use and I know it will work consistantly for 6 to 8 hours. It does not state on your site but mine came with 2 batteries and a 2 chargers (1 wall A/C and 1 Auto 12volt) for around $165.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKANSAS WHITETAILER View Post
That particular vest is made by activheat. They have their own website you can order from. The one you are looking at from brookstone has a awfully small battery pack for 5 hours. My battery pack is larger but I believe was advertised for 10 hours use and I know it will work consistantly for 6 to 8 hours. It does not state on your site but mine came with 2 batteries and a 2 chargers (1 wall A/C and 1 Auto 12volt) for around $165.
does it say anywhere on the battery what the amperage rating is? It should say something like "4400mAh".
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 PM
B&C 100 Class

I'm at work right now but I called my wife and she said all the numbers were worn off or can't be read on my battery. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Scrub Buck

thats alright, thanks anyways