Deer Hunting Forums banner

Buck doe calls

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Buckshot 
#1 ·
When I was huting I took along the bleat in a can. Didn't think it would work to well. Until I saw an nice size buck comming along by the time I got my rifle ready the buck took off.

So I decided to try the bleat in a can. Flipped it over..blleeeeeeaaahhh. Flipped it over once more...bllleeeeaaaahhhh

BAM! That buck came running back in the same area all ready for some action. Needless to say I was amazed how well that thing worked. (Missed the buck though:wallbash:)

So now this got me all Deer calls gagget happy. Does anyone have any luck with the electrionc deer calls? Cass Creek Nomad Deer Remote Call/Control Unit reviews and ratings

Maybe something like that? Please give me your pointers thanks.

#2 ·
i have something like that got it as a gift ,check the regs they aint legal everywhere.mine is neat it has a remote so you strap it too a tree and the you ca use from your stand 100' away.the best calls i like are the can call and the true talker tube call

#5 ·
i blind call every 15-30 mins if im bored otherwise i wait till i see something:biggrin:I grunted at a doe the other day see took off with afterburners

#6 ·
I was sceptical about calls for a long time, but in the passed few years have learned from experience that they work. Have killed several deer while using them. Best one was last week when I used a combination grunt call with a doe bleat can. Had a nice 5x5 buck come right in to me after just one sequence of calls. It took about ten minutes to get the buck in. See picture in " A Good Day Hunting" in the rifle hunting section of this forum.

#9 ·
I have had great luck using calls. Don't like the can because they break easy and hate any moister. I have learned how to call with just my mouth which I believe is better because you can put personality into the call that a can can not reproduce. I also do soft grunts that way. The buck in ILL was called away from does at over 80 yards. If I had not called he would have kept going the other way.

#10 ·
I do not take shots on running deer over 75 yards away with a slug gun. A hands-free call is great to get a buck or doe stop running for that half second to take a good shot. The dominant buck contact call works best for me in this situation.

Calls can also work great to call in deer. Be aware that if you use a dominant buck call for general calling you may scare away any non-dominant bucks in the area. If you discover that your mock scrape has been totally redone, you have ticked off a dominant buck in the area. I did this to a buck several years ago. He tore up the ground about 5 to 6 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. I was able to call him in with a dominant buck call, but I did not get a shot as a large branch was in the flight path.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.